Search results

1. Kavita

Odor in bathrooms ... please advise - soon

approval received hi david, shawn and everyone, first, thank you for all your help and support. i was really feeling nuts (and sick) and i appreciate your clarity and direction. the landlord just gave me his approval for the repairs. yes, i had scheduled the plumber's visit already -...
  2. Kavita

Terry's new picture

looking ... happy! the first thing i thought when i saw terry's new photo, is 'wow - he looks like he's doing really well, and he's a happy guy ...' may it be so! best wishes, kavita
  3. Kavita

when is a dryer vent, not a dryer vent - ? hi shawn, thanks for your post - i can't seem to activate the link, but i'll keep searching for the post anyway - it sounds interesting. thankfully, the vents (at either end of the house) connected to the ducting from the two bathroom fans LOOK...
  4. Kavita

discovery! hi folks - thanks again for your comments. they've boosted my spirits and clarified my instinct. here's a bit of news - an update - a.k.a., the plumber's discovery! i just sent this note to the realtor handling the property for the owners. if i can get my hands on a...
  5. Kavita

official written info - ? hi prashter and jim, thanks for posting. i started feeling ill within a week of living here (we moved in at the end of march), but could not figure out why i felt so lousy - burning eyes, sore throat, trouble waking up in the morning, headaches - but i couldn't...
  6. Kavita

reasonable / unreasonable greetings all, thanks much for the further comments and suggestions. here's an update: - the landlords have approved the installation of a new toilet, as well as a new flange for the existing functional toilet. installation is tomorrow. - they do not...
  7. Kavita

thanks, friends we really appreciate your most helpful posts. our plumber, chris, arrived this afternoon, in spite of a bad back. he is a master plumber. he's not nimble enough today to explore everything, but this weekend maybe he will be. [we worked with chris when he re-plumbed the...
  8. Kavita

one more thing ... i just discovered there's no sewer waste pipe coming out of the roof on this house. is it probable that the septic fumes vent into the attic crawlspace - ? as i mentioned, there are two small round vents at the peak of the house (one on either end of the house) that...
  9. Kavita

addendum not sure if this makes sense, but the smell is not that of sulfur / rotten eggs - it's a smell i could call a septic smell - strong, foul, but not specifically sulfur.
  10. Kavita

greetings folks, long time no post - hope all's well with everyone here. we recently moved into a rental house (3 weeks ago). i noticed an odd odor when we moved in, but figured it was just musty odor from forced hot air heat with dirty ducts. the odor hasn't dissipated. it's not the...
  11. Kavita

supreme thanks!

greetings terry and all, want to thank you for your suggestion that we consider a toto supreme as an option for a VERY small bathroom in the house we've finally completed rebuilding. we installed it last spring - the first fixture we installed as we continued work in the...
  12. Kavita

flushing a tankless water heter

another opinion ... hi there king, if you haven't already, you might want to do a search using the forum search tool for the word 'tankless' and you'll find a number of opinions (including mine) about tankless h2o heaters. not enough time to type mine out again right now, but if you check...
  13. Kavita

Nightmare plumbing job

mice like it too! hi all, i was chatting with our wonderful plumber (i'll call him c) the other day and he told me a story about his experience thus far with PEX. he really likes the simplicity of it, but discovered that it's not entirely suitable for some applications. c plumbs lots of...
  14. Kavita

Balsa wood "Anti-flex" floor construction - Aker tub

he-he ... it's under the tub ... hey there jimbo, actually, the balsa wood's under the tub, providing full under-tub support in lieu of the installer laying out concrete or shimming or whatever other methods folks use. i've not seen it, but it's listed on the technical spec sheet i...
  15. Kavita

3260 too also ... the tub i've ordered is the soaker (jetless) version of yours - the 3260 bodyfit ... if you're still around, i'd love to know how you like it!
  16. Kavita

thanks so much! dtmos! yoou know one of the things i love about this forum? i can ask a question, disappear back into rebuilding the house, reappear several months later to find the answer to the precise question i'm finally ready to address! thanks, the tub is on order and due to be...
  17. Kavita

one more time! [return to top of thread] anybody versed in tub installation even want to venture a guess at this under-tub floor construct's usefulness?
  18. Kavita

Does a 66" x 30" acrylic tub exist?

Maax Villa CASA here's a link to the Maax Villa line, CASA model, tub. comes in a 32" x 66" - don't know if you have an extra 2" width - thought i'd offer it anyway. http://www.maax.com/en/products/ProductInfo.aspx?CodeCategory=B&Brand=8&ProductType=1&Product=147 it's available through...
  19. Kavita

second inquiry ... [returned to top of thread] i'm really hoping to hear from anyone who's installed an Aker (Maax) tub with this floor support ... any input is appreciated!
  20. Kavita

water heater suggestions

minority vote my experience differs from that of most of the plumbers who've responded to you. i certainly defer to their experience, but i'll share mine anyway. i love tankless water heating. i live in southern vermont, and it gets quite cold, and i have no problem with the one i...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks