Search results

1. jon v.

Copper to PEX-A Transition Underground

Hi sdgoat, I live in San Diego (I'm hoping that's what the sd in your name refers to!), and am looking to replace my ~20', 1" copper water main with a 25', curved run (moving it away from a tree). I considered PEX-A, but decided against it after realizing how much it would cost to buy a roll...
  2. jon v.

Replacing Copper Water Supply Line with PEX?

Hi guys. Thanks again to everyone for your input--hopefully these will be the last questions before taking this project on: I've heard a few plumbers recommend plastic sleeving for buried copper pipes in our area, to provide protection from both mechanical forces and our corrosive soils...
  3. jon v.

Burying Copper Pipe

Hi dgale, I'm in a similar situation--located in San Diego, looking to replace the 20' underground stretch of 1" copper between the water meter and house through our front yard--and it's hard to justify buying a 60' roll of soft copper or PEX (and all of the specialty tools needed to use the...
  4. jon v.

Thanks, dj2. Will I notice any drop in pressure due to the energy losses across the four 45 elbows, or will those be pretty negligible?
  5. jon v.

Thanks for the documentation, Reach4. It looks like L is just fine here.
  6. jon v.

Thanks for the good advice, zimm0who0net. It sounds like some of the simplicity I've associated with PEX when used indoors may not hold when it's used outdoors and underground.
  7. jon v.

Thanks, dj2. Are there any concerns with burying a number of copper joints, in terms of the lifespan or structural integrity of the run? I originally liked the idea of either using soft copper or PEX to avoid joints in the middle of the run, but using a few 10' hard copper pipes and elbows...
  8. jon v.

Thanks for your tips, Mike! I had a plumber tell me yesterday that he wouldn't recommend going for PEX over copper, but it wasn't clear to me what the downsides would be. Do you have any advice about the need to install the buried PEX in a sleeve, or protecting it somehow in the ground...
  9. jon v.

I live in San Diego, CA, and I'd like to replace the water supply line between our water meter and house. The current setup is pretty simple: there's a 1" copper pipe covering the 20' span through the middle of the front yard in a straight line, and it doesn't pass under any hardscape. It's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks