Search results

1. Switchex

New washer utility pump install

I like to replace the pump under the utility sink. I the have never seen a utility pump with a smaller copper discharge pipe (I think it's a 3/4" inch)! I like to replace this with Home Depot's Everbuilt utility pump with has 1 1/4" discharge outlet. My questions: 1) What is the best way to...
  2. Switchex

Carrier infinity with code 47 No 230V to unit - later no power at Thermostat

I have carrier heat pump unit that was showing fault "Code 47 No 230V to Unit" and the unit was not working. As anyone would do, I flipped the breaker once on/off to see if that would resolve the issue. So when I came back up to check on the thermo, to my surprised, the unit was completely...
  3. Switchex

Is this a broken handle?

Hi. Can anyone tell me what's happening here? I have not seen it in person, but I need to go over and fix it for my friend and like to go prepared. Does it look broken or just a loose handle that has come off? Thanks in advance.
  4. Switchex

Are these CPVC piping ?

Thank you. Are they common in homes? Any concerns if a house uses CPVC Thank you, Are they safe and long lasting? Any concerns if a house has CPVC? Are those shark connections? Anyway to tell the age of these pipes/setup? Thanks again.
  5. Switchex

Are these CPVC piping ?

Hi, Can you please confirm what kind of piping this is? Guessing PVC, however please confirm. Thanks.
  6. Switchex

Help determining the cartridge

Hi. I have leaking shower faucet in older home I am trying to fix. This is an glacier bay faucet with 2 handles, one for hot and one for cold . few questions please. Firstly. I have been trying to find a replacement cartridge unit that looks exactly as the current one i the below picture...
  7. Switchex

Another Delta R10000 install question ---

Hi All. Looked through the forum and I see a lot of questions and suggestions as to how to install delta rough unit. How deep to install this is still an issue for me, which I will try to figure out. But the bigger issue for me is the trim sleeve that goes between the valve handle and the...
  8. Switchex

inserting 3" PVC in old 3.5" cast iron as a liner!!

I have to replace old and cracked cast iron that goes from the basement into the street about 6 feet before reaching the city sewer line. I am calling a couple companies to get estimates for either a liner or a total replacement. Once they give me a line to the inside of the house, i can do...
  9. Switchex

Gas pipe question!

Thanks all for replies .. yes, i will have a professional look at the pipes and connections .. gas is the one thing i don't want to mess around with .. i just want to get as much info as possible so when i call around i know what they are talking about it .. thanks all.
  10. Switchex

Gas pipe question!

Sorry, can u tell me what a drip leg is? Also, do u know if all appliances have a filter? In this case i will be installing a brand new gas oven and a water heater .. Would they have a filter and would they stop the rust particles ?.. Could i be damaging my appliances? Is there a need to...
  11. Switchex

Replacing cast iron sewer with plastic

Thank you All I did the job! the estimate i had for the job was $1500 and i spent less than $200 and a weekend. The hardest job of the project was supporting the 3 inch cast iron pipe that came from upper floor bathroom perpendicular to the 4" pipe in the basement .. i was so afraid that once i...
  12. Switchex

Gas pipe question!

The dust (more like rust .. it is dark brown in color) comes out dry .. where is this copming form? i kept opening the value hoping it was just some rust build up inside the pipe .. but doesn't see like it wants to go away ... i am sure if i just connect ot to my brand new gas stove, it would...
  13. Switchex

Gas pipe question!

Hi .. i have recently purchased an old house and noticed that when i open the gas valve, a lot of rust comes out of the pipe .. non of the gas appliances have been installed yet (they are on order) .. I opened the valve for the stove more than 20 times throughout the day (about 10 sec each time)...
  14. Switchex

Steve, it needs to be replaced becasue it is the original pipe and corroded .. it leaks .. i see your concern about the weight ... i realize that i need to support the pipes before cutting any section .. maybe it is a bigger project that i am thinking??!!!
  15. Switchex

Bob, Cass ... i did get an estimate about 6 months ago and it was about $1500 .. the parts will not cost me more that $200 and i can not imagine taking me (a non-professional) more than 10 to 12 hours, IF I have all the right parts!!!! .. basically .there are 2 iron pipes (one 3" and the other...
  16. Switchex

Bob . .thanks for the reply .. no it does not say DWV or schedule 40 .. it does say "sewer line" on it .. i guess i just return it and get the good stuff to be on the safe side .. i am selling the house and want to make sure it will work later .. what does DWV mean anyway? Also, a couple of...
  17. Switchex

I am trying to replace some old (perhaps 60 or more years) cast iron sewer line that rns into my basement with plastic. I went to Lowes and they have like 3 different brand and colors of pipes that says "sewer" on them .. they were white, green, and gray in color .. i ended up buying the white...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks