Search results

1. itsttl

Tying 2-inch washer into existing stack

Greetings, The previous owner of my house plumbed the washing machine to just dump out into the wetlands next to our house and we'd like to drain it into the stack properly so frogs don't smell like laundry detergent. They replaced the septic and drain field when we bought the house but somehow...
  2. itsttl

Bending copper offset for tub spout

Hello everybody. I just finished my first tile job only to discover that I cut my hole for the tub spout about 1/4" higher than the requirement and now have a situation where the hole is bigger than can be covered by the spout. I would just get an escutcheon plate but our tub faucet is not a...
  3. itsttl

Can a bathroom vent exhaust duct be TOO short?

I am installing a recessed bathroom fan/light combo in my bathroom and the only place it can be put (due to joists and spacing) makes the vent for the blower about a 16 inches away from the plywood of the roof. I have been trying to google over and over but I always find people who are making...
  4. itsttl

No vents on sink or tub. AAV help?

So we are gutting the bathroom due to a leaking tub and toilet. The only thing that didn't link was the sink, amazingly. We had to sister studs, replace underlayment, subfloor, etc etc... the only problem is we want to put new fixtures in and I want everything to be code. I have been debating on...