Search results

1. MNshowerdude2

Tornado Safe Room

Build a donald trump shrine down in thre youll be fine
  2. MNshowerdude2

Shower installation over a sump pit in a concrete floor with radiant heat

Its 2017 and youve not a camera on your cel phone to share pics with?
  3. MNshowerdude2

Plumber didn't center shower drain rough in under the drain hole - how big a problem is this?

Next time you attempt Cross blocking, understand cross blocking 101. You cross block the cut out UNDER THE SEAM you cut out, not adjacent to it by an inch or so.. Simpson ties cant slide under....not an excuse, lastly structural plywood starts at 1/2" . Now, did you try hard and do it right...
  4. MNshowerdude2

Should I DIY a Shower Pan and Tile?

you were prematurely guilty by association with the other colorado shower thread, slight oversight there. I meant to say take the foot out of my mouth. The rest i stand by. No tick mark please. But ill take that as a thx. Just trying to help Terrys site ratings up here and stirring the pot with...
  5. MNshowerdude2

I get a bad review on google in less than a 10 second conversation

There is no glamour involved in being a plumber. It is a low status trade. as soon as the travel ban works itself out, save your $16 a day until you can come over here, and make $150/hr. If you are as good as HJ make that $250
  6. MNshowerdude2

Plumber didn't center shower drain rough in under the drain hole - how big a problem is this?

expecting this shower unit not to leak after you are done with it just speculating here.... You dont expect squat. You flood test your work before any tile enters the picture. You also watch every drop of flood test water rush down the drain and verify there are no puddles anywhere and that...
  7. MNshowerdude2

Should I DIY a Shower Pan and Tile?

November 28, 2016: Engaged a contractor to remodel bathroom, This may feel like a kick in the teeth. But you made a poor hiring decision on the remodel and after buying an engineers home (Red flag?) which may have not been known to you at time of purchase. Now you are taking random online...
  8. MNshowerdude2

what an absoute debacle. over the span of weeks. this OP needs to walk away and hire a pro. If your supposed plumber cant get it right twice. as you all bicker i may add.....The problem with the orange junk, is its mass marketed to folk that will fail miserably at it, and thats by design...
  9. MNshowerdude2

Help removing a brass shower drain

Did you understand my point about using 2 screwdrivers in a crisscross to gain leverage and try that? I realize you are a tad scared of a sawzall, but really its not so hard to remove that drain by cutting the top flange very carefully and brass is preety soft.. I dont see any other Magic...
  10. MNshowerdude2

Help removing a brass shower drain

ditch the "Little tool" and use a couple of long flathead screwdrivers, cross em on each other like an X as you insert each flat head into the slots that "little tool" sits in........ and prove to us all you actually are 'Big Edger" the kinda big edgar that is tougher than a brass drain. If...
  11. MNshowerdude2

Custom Foam Shower Pan?

Are you really trying to say you arent good with the mud screed?
  12. MNshowerdude2

Problem fitting tub into alcove (too much extra room)

couple whacks with a sledge hammer...... oh my
  13. MNshowerdude2

Supressed History

Time for A group hug in here
  14. MNshowerdude2

How to remove bathtub faucet handles?

sometimes its a valve seat....these are usually brass and take a beating when the Flatwasher fails and you force it harder and harder...... I usually replace o ring, washer, washer screw and the valve seat, after which I take a toke on the peace pipe and rejoice..... Ez peezy
  15. MNshowerdude2

Wedi vs Kerdi system

Geniescience you have earned a free nights stay in my teepee
  16. MNshowerdude2

I get a bad review on google in less than a 10 second conversation

Stay away from google, live in a teepee, just trust me on this one
  17. MNshowerdude2

Supressed History

good times in here.....
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks