Search results

1. chaoster

Ductless AC help

I figure the 5000btu by the area of the room. Like when you buy a window unit from Home Depot. It does get full sun and get very hot in the summer. Thanks for the info.
  2. chaoster

Ductless AC help

I have small bedrooms that would require 5000btu ac units. I notice the ductless systems start at 9000btu. Isn't that too big and would waste energy? Which brand would be best Mitsubishi, Fujitsu or LG? TIA.
  3. chaoster

Expansion tank question

I have a AO Smith 40 gallon gas hot water heater. Sometimes water sprays out the prv. I have an expansion tank connected to the boiler, do I need one for the water heater or is there something else wrong?
  4. chaoster

Seer help

I am considering getting a fujitsu mini-split system. If I get a cooling only unit it has a seer of 14.3. A unit with a heat pump would cost $400 more, but have a seer of 21.0. Is it worth spending the extra money for a higher seer rating? I would probably not use the heat pump, just need...
  5. chaoster

toto drake trip lever

Thanks for the quick reply. Online sites want $25 for a trip lever.
  6. chaoster

toto drake trip lever

Can you get a replacement at Home depot or Lowes?
  7. chaoster

contractor's markup

I know the cost of labor does not cover all the overhead and office help. How much do contractors markup supplies? Such as for faucets and doors etc. If they agree to let you buy the materials would they charge more for labor? I know they have to pay for pick-up and delivery charges right?
  8. chaoster

stainless steel

I am redoing the kitchen. Having a tough time deciding white or SS appliances. Currently have a white dishwasher and vent hood for about 3 years. Don't really what to get rid of good appliances. Also don't want to have a fridge and stove in SS. Might make the kitchen look weird. Only the SS...
  9. chaoster

kitchen appliances

What are some good brands to consider? Mainly a fridge and stove. Seems Ge cost more than others. Interested in mid range stuff not top of the line pro quality.
  10. chaoster

How to tighten a lose bath spout knob?

I have an american standard faucet from Home depot:(
  11. chaoster

How to tighten a lose bath spout knob?

I have the same problem with my tub spout. Every two to three years I need a new spout. How long are they suppose to last. Is there a better solution?
  12. chaoster

Faucet question

Thanks for the info.
  13. chaoster

Faucet question

I am having the kitchen done. It was told not to buy a faucet from Home depot or Lowes. I was told Grohe is a good brand. I have never heard of this brand is it any good? It's very expensive. Any other brand similar?
  14. chaoster

Sprinklers don't shut off

I have an inground system that was working fine up till this year. It has 3 zones. When it goes through the 3 zones it does not shut off it just starts over again with zone 1. I have to shut it off manually otherwise it runs all day.
  15. chaoster

Central air VS ductless system

I am thinking about a central air system in a 85 year old home. It has no ducts at all, It will be a complete new install. The central air will be cheaper. But I will lose some attic and closet space due to the blower and ducts. Which system would be better. The ductless system is a Mitsubishi...
  16. chaoster

wall unit AC question

Yes it worked fine up till 2 years ago. The unit is about 7 or 8 years old.
  17. chaoster

wall unit AC question

I have a 23,000 BTU friedrich wall unit for my first floor. Last summer I had a problem with the inside fins (behind the filter) icing up. Does anyone know is wrong? do I need to call a repairman? TIA
  18. chaoster

Toto Drake parts question

Thanks for the quick reply. I will head over to Lowes and check it out.
  19. chaoster

Toto Drake parts question

I need a new flapper for my drake. I was not able to find it at two Home depot's. Anyone know where I can buy/order one. TIA>
  20. chaoster

shower curtain rod

with the curved shower rod you get more room in the tub, but how much room do you lose in the bathroom?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks