Search results

1. Billsnogo

One for the books

Code here is the drain for the kitchen sink must be supported continuously, and now I see why! I love those pics :D
  2. Billsnogo

Ethics Question

So what happened? I NEED closure! :eek: :p
  3. Billsnogo

I have an Apprenticeship interview with the Committee and I need advice!

Trust me, I won't. I plan on putting money aside into a IRA for that purpose. I will retire someday if I live long enough, and don't trust any company enough not to do enough on my own. :(
  4. Billsnogo

Thanks. That is what I was thinking, but not sure. I also think the working fee is the union due. bill (still waiting impatiently)
  5. Billsnogo

Thanks, it is appreciated. Now for a noob question. When I went for the interview, they gave us a sheet that listed the pay for a first year apprentice, but they broke it down into base pay (this is the only part I know), working fee (no clue), and Building trades credit union fund (no idea...
  6. Billsnogo

Thanks. I hope I get taken and am picked up by a good shop that will keep me so I do not spend any time on the bench. I am a little nervouse, but am sure it will all turn out good. bill (impatiently waiting)
  7. Billsnogo

Well, I am not sure how you did Morgan, but I got my letter today ranking me #7 out of 207. Now that is a pretty good place to be, but no guaranty as to how many will be placed to work this year. I am hoping the take at least seven guys this year :p
  8. Billsnogo

MorganJ, how did it go? Mine went okay. Not great, not horrible. I should know in about three weeks my ranking #. I hope 3rd time is a charm rather than three strikes and I am out to find a non-union shop. :o
  9. Billsnogo

Rugged, thank you for clarifying. This advice and insight is very much needed for noobs like me. :o
  10. Billsnogo

So they tend to not use the 1st and 2nd year apprentices much? Maybe I would be better off then non-union. I really need at least an average of 35 hours a week. :(
  11. Billsnogo

Is this in Minnesota? I am going for my third attempt in three yeears in five days also! I wish I knew, as I have placed in the 90's for the first two attempts out of 300+ applicants. If so, they will call you into a room with ten people that will watch you while one of them will ask you ten...
  12. Billsnogo

Anyone have any advice on getting into the plumbing field?

Welcome to my world. To get to be a journeyman, you need 1750 hours of drain/vent work, 1750 hours of water distribution piping, 1750 hours of applience installations, 1750 hours of misc, and if I want to work in st. paul, I need an extra 1750 hours of gas piping, that is before I can take the...
  13. Billsnogo

Pur faucet

Yes, you are correct. I am still learning, and have not got that far in class yet. Only rebuilding faucets with cartridges and stems. I have not had enough experience yet to know all the different brands or types, so I will be wrong more often than I rather admit still. thanks again :D
  14. Billsnogo

Pur faucet

When I enter pur cartridge though, it always comes up with filter cartridge. I guess I will just take it apart and run to the big box store, just take me more time Nevermind, I found the parts numbers on the delta website.
  15. Billsnogo

Pur faucet

A friend has a Pur filtered drinking faucet. It leaks constantly out the spout, so I figured it was time to rebuild it, but can not seem to find any cartridges for it online. Where is the best place to find one? thanks in advance :)
  16. Billsnogo

need to find a toilet

Hey guys, I need a little help on finding a toilet. I went over to my dads house to replace his toilet. We were going to put in a titan (don't remember model) since we installed one in my grandpas place and the cabin, and it worked great, but when I went to bolt it down, we realised how...
  17. Billsnogo

Tax writeoff on Van for business use?

Sorry, staying in Minnesota, at least for another ten years :p . If you grow up here, the cold is just normal, if your not from around here, your in for a surprise :eek: I still rather not get an import if possible, at least yet. Just nice to know I can get a four banger contour, or six...
  18. Billsnogo

Thanks guys, that helps. Nice to know if I do get a car loan, I could use a car for my transportation, something with a 4cyl or 6cyl to help a little on the gas milage. Thanks dbldare, when I applied last year with the union, they left out those details. thanks again!
  19. Billsnogo

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong area, or if this should even be on this site, but you are the only plumbers I know of other than my instructor. Anywho, I am thinking about applying to get accepted into a union apprenticeship, but they require you supply your own vehicle. Not a...
  20. Billsnogo

lead solder? Uh oh!

Cool, I never knew that. I may do it just to know for piece of mind. But if the rest of the plumbing I did not touch has lead solder, I will just live with it until I get bored and redo the whole laundry room area where most of this is located. I am going to try and remove the old elbow and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks