Search results

1. silverfox

Funky Smell in "Freshly Washed" clothes

wow....I was thinking of getting one of those cool front loaders. That's what I use right now when I go to the laundromat. Those work GREAT there. My washer and dryer is the old whirlpool agitator but it's moved out of the laundry room during this remodel. After hearing the many people...
  2. silverfox

Anchoring Copper Water Pipes

I found a couple of versions of what hj recommended...they're the cat's tail! Thanks again hj. Mike
  3. silverfox

THANKS hj....I think that's maybe someting I've been looking for. I hope Ace has them. I'm out in the boonies here but there is a large Ace store nearby. And a couple of plumbing outfits. I'll see if I can find those. Thanks again! Mike
  4. silverfox

Thanks Terry. But...Sorry...I'm not sure I understand your answer. These pipe insulators......do you mean those foam rubber pipe covers? And...should I use those in the holes drilled for the pipe's passage through a stud or plate? Is what I am doing now ok? Will the expansion and...
  5. silverfox

OK....I'm installing the shower pipes and I have been anchoring the pipes with the copper "U" shaped pipe holders to wood blocks that are screwed to the studs or sill plates. This is so I don't get rattles & other noise when turning the shower faucet on and off. I notice, though, that if I...
  6. silverfox

Sweating Upside Down

Thanks everyone....I use nothing but Oatey 95 and the Oatey solder. Mike
  7. silverfox

Sweating Upside Down

Thanks plumber1....much appreciated! Mike
  8. silverfox

Sweating Upside Down

Hi Folks, I'm doing a remodel and have done all the joint sweats for the first time myself. I've been lucky so far....over 40 joints and no leaks. I have run into a few now where I can't do them on the bench and the joints are upside down. The solder will have to go UP into the joint. Will...
  9. silverfox

How high for the shower nipple for the shower head??

Thanks prashster....good point about a potential new owner if they decide to sell the house someday. Mike
  10. silverfox

How high for the shower nipple for the shower head??

Hi Again Folks....My second question. The Moen shower control I am installing recommends that the shower drop ear elbow that holds the shower head nipple should be 78" above the floor. I'm assumming that they mean above the shower floor. Anyway...the owners of the house are short and the...
  11. silverfox

Air Chambers on a Moen Mixing Valve

Thanks, Jim....I ran into a plumber friend and he told me the same thing Terry told me about the items that need the arrestors. I put them in everywhere so far because they were there in the old installation. My friend told me that it wouldn't hurt anything...for which I am happy. Just more...
  12. silverfox

WOW....an answer from the guru. THANKS, Terry! UM....well...I have used air chambers (don't know what a hammer arrestor is??) throughout the house because they were used prior to my remodel. I hope that's ok because most of the house is drywalled. I guess, since you say that I don't need the...
  13. silverfox

Hi Folks...My first post. I am installing a Moen Posi-Temp L82680 shower control in a remodel and I need to know how and where to install the air chambers. I've never done it with a single mixing valve before. I think I would just install a vertical "T" fitting at the ends of the short pipes...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks