Search results

1. b gordo

How calc BTU of a baseboard section

How does one calculate the heat output of a section of baseboard radiator? We are looking at alternatives but don't know "how much" we'd be losing by removing a section. Also, the existing baseboard was installed before a wall was removed. Not sure how if what percentage of the existing BTU...
  2. b gordo

Low profile Floor Box to replace radiator where new sliding door going

Do these radiators have an adjustment that controls how much heat they project into the room versus what they pass through? My thought is that the existing baseboard works at one level and we'd be introducing a different technology into the same circuit. So perhaps we might need to cut back...
  3. b gordo

Thanks, we didn't know of those options
  4. b gordo

Hi Dana, I'm not at the new house, but can answer some questions now. First, the Breakfast nook will no longer be divided by the short walls. We are going to have porcelain tile for the entire floor area depicted, so we are wondering what Replacement heat source, if any, is needed once the 12'...
  5. b gordo

Hi Dana, currently it's four windows about 8 feet, long to be replaced by an 8 foot sliding door. The baseboard heater is 12'. Note, this area had been a separate room but a wall was taken down. So the new room dimensions are 18 by 24, with 18' of baseboard remaining at the other end of the...
  6. b gordo

We're putting in a sliding door, but there is a baseboard radiator there. I'm guessing a floor box would be the best replacement, but SlantFin's is almost 9" tall, and we've only got about 5" to a slab. Any suggestions as far as a low profile floor box, or other approaches, are appreciated.
  7. b gordo

Radiant Heat If existing home directly on slab

Currently there are tiles installed directly on the concrete slab for half of the home, the other half has a basement. Does it make any sense to retrofit water radiant heat on a home when existing floors are on a slab? First obvious issue is the 1" or more you'll lose for the pex layer and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks