Search results

1. R

urinal stop valve question

Thanks Thanks! That's what I thought, but wanted a 2nd opinion. Roger
  2. R

urinal stop valve question

This may sound silly, but inquiring minds want to know! I am installing a urinal in my pole barn. I have all the plumbing inside the bathroom interior walls except a short run to the urinal, which was behind the wall (well-insulated) so I don't have to heat the whole barn, just the bathroom...
  3. R

Violin music that rocks!

Not bad, not bad at all!!!! Hey, Terry - if you ever get the chance, or can even find it, there's an album called "Duets" by Richard Greene. I like fiddle a LOT, from Ishtak Perlman to Jean Luc Ponte. But I really like Richard Greene's style. He plays with a lot of other musicians, one-on-one...
  4. R

Painting copper pipes?

I just finished plumbing the bathroom in my pole barn. I ran all copper pipes inside so I don't have to heat the whole pole barn, just the bathroom. I have a stool, urinal, deep sink, and a line going through the wall for a spigot outside. My question is, even though I'd LOVE to polish the...
  5. R

Broken toilet flange replacement question

Gary, I have a roto-hammer (tool nut, remember??), and I have the ferrels, that I will be using. I understand about the tile - it's just that mine has been cut out around the existing flange, and it's 12 X 12 tiles, so I can't pull any up. I'm pretty sure the spacers I bought will work. I...
  6. R

Internet explorer or Moxilla Firefox

FireFox, 99% of the time... I have been using FireFox since it first came out. I don't like the Thunderbird email, I prefer Eudora. The only problem with FireFox is that there are a few sites that will only work with IE, like anything Microsoft, XM Radio, and a few others. I've only run into...
  7. R

Kilz2 Primer

I just finished painting the bathroom in my pole barn. Primer over green board, two coats of "inexpensive" bright-white paint over that. Still has a few places that didn't cover as I'd like. But hey, it IS a pole barn! Talked to a friend this morning, told him, he asked about the paint. I...
  8. R

The 4" riser is exactly what I have, with the flange inside. I couldn't find the red ring anywhere today, but haven't given up on one. I did pick up some molly bolts, and two "spacers" like the top of a flange, that can mount above the existing flange (what's left of it), and I will check on...
  9. R

Mikey - thanks, this will probably be the best way. The tile I laid was left over from someone else, and I don't have a single piece left over. The original flange was not bolted to the concrete - the concrete was poured around it, it held it pretty good, until I had to turn it. I changed the...
  10. R

another question Gary - thanks for the fast reply! The flange was set before we decided to tile. it originally was flush with the concrete but the toilet sat up too high, when it was there. So now the tile is cut around the flange, fairly tight. Is it possible to bolt the new flange to...
  11. R

Hi, I have a PVC toilet flange that was set in place before the concrete floor was poured. The outside metal ring was supposed to be able to be turned, but the concrete stopped it from turning. In my attempts to turn it, I cracked it, as well as the PVC flange. I have tile on the floor, so...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks