Search results

1. kman1801

Can't remove shower handle

Ahhhh right... thank you! Turns out that the Allen screw was holding fast. Tried to remove it a few months ago, but must have had the wrong size. Purchased a new allen set and was able to remove the handle without a problem. New handles, new life... happiness. Interesting that the handle...
  2. kman1801

Can't remove shower handle

Happy Holidays! I'm at my mom's and one of the faucet handles in the shower has become completely loose and just spins without turning the water on or off. Up until today, the handle would catch on the stem gears so it was still usable, but that is no longer the case. See photo or link for...
  3. kman1801

Plastic spacers for pedestal sink

Hi Jim - great suggestion! I was able to locate 1" long, 3/8" ID nylon spacers at Home Depot (kind of a miracle) and some new neoprene and metal washers. I needed an extra 1/2" spacer on one side, so I lucked out by grabbing a set of those. I still managed to make a mess, but my sink is...
  4. kman1801

Thank you for the reply. Not sure if this picture shows the issue very well. The recessed area under the sink is about 1"-1.5" deep. I did find an installation kit that includes two white "spacers" but these don't look quite as thick or deep as the ones I had. It would not surprise me if...
  5. kman1801

Hi! I have an old pedestal sink that is secured to the wall with two screws, but there are plastic spacers that fit over the screws that the bolt fits tight against. They are about 1.5" long and appx 2" in diameter on the bolt side. These plastic spacers have broken and need replacement. I...
  6. kman1801

Shower Head Leaking

i live in Houston - but i'm the guy who makes the helmet decals for several teams in the NFL, including the Buccaneers (acutally used to, but that's another story). if want to send me an address i'll mail you a pair.
  7. kman1801

Shower Head Leaking

ok mission accomplished! looks like replacing the seats was really all that was needed. and a seat wrench! could not have done this today with your timely responses! a billion thanks!
  8. kman1801

Shower Head Leaking

ok thanks - i replaced both valves - i see now where i had failed to replace the seats when i put the new valves in a few months ago. i was able to remove the one on the hot water valve and it looks pretty bad. it was not hard to remove with needle nose pliers, however, i cannot get cold seat...
  9. kman1801

Shower Head Leaking

could it be the shower head itself?
  10. kman1801

Shower Head Leaking

the valve is a PP and model imprinted on it is 14. It's about 3-4 months old. When I removed it the gasket was toast, disintegrated. I took the gasket from the old one which was still good. Still leaks like crazy. Then I replaced the valve with the old one. Still leaks like crazy. It's...
  11. kman1801

Shower Head Leaking

i've change the hot water faucet - it's new. i even put the old one on, i don't think it is the faucet itself. you think the new faucet could have gone bad?
  12. kman1801

Shower Head Leaking

Yes, when the water is off Yes, when the water is off - it is no longer a drip - it's pouring
  13. kman1801

Shower Head Leaking

I have a shower head leak. I've replaced the gasket and the faucet is new. It is still pouring out of the shower head (hot water). There is no tub. Could it be the shower head itself? Or is there something going on behind the shower? This sucks
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks