Search results

1. rhosch

Advice needed on updating tub/shower fixtures

So you're suggesting that I cut out the old valve and plumbing, replumb, move that 2x4 and put another hole through the cement for a new single handle valve, so that everything is up to code. I guess if I do have to replace the valve I'll go that route and just do a new single handle. But is...
  2. rhosch

Advice needed on updating tub/shower fixtures

I could really use some advice. We're remodeling a bathroom with new vanity/sink, tile, and paint. The new vanity/sink came as a pre-fabbed unit with fixtures installed. We liked the look of the total package... now I'm left trying to figure out the least painful way to update the tub/shower...
  3. rhosch

Converting single vanity into double

That would be a pretty good assumption. I should probably add that this wall is the the back of a closet from another room so there are lots of structural support in this area, as well as the roof being constructed from prefabbed trusses that are capable of spanning the width of the house...
  4. rhosch

Looks like I was mistaken - the drain is 2" iron and 1-1/2" galvanized vent extending up. I didn't notice that the iron below the current T was larger. Any problems using a PVC or ABS double santee to make the "cross" for the left and right drain runs? Going with iron would be a pain to...
  5. rhosch

Read a bunch of threads that a search pulled up, found a lot of answers, but lack the answer to a specific question or two that I have. Currently have 1-1/2" iron waste line running up from slab into wall, T to the sink, and continuing up to vent. Wall is interior 2x4. I understand that if...
  6. rhosch

Removing broken shower arm piece... now I've done it!

Well, a pipe tap helped to remove the last few remnant tidbits, as well as cleaned up the treads as well as could be expected. The new shower arm threaded in fully. With pipe goop the leak is down to a drop every few seconds with shower head on and full pressure... not too bad. For now...
  7. rhosch

I think it bottoms out on the remnants before the threads fully tighten, but it does get about three or four threads of engagement. The leak is just a slow drip... I don't the guys at Lowe's were the most informed on plumbing (not that I am either). We found an internal pipe wrench, and...
  8. rhosch

So I googled and searched, came across this forum, searched some more and read. Following the advice given in similar threads, I first tried the internal pipe wrench (couldn't find an easy-out in a big enough size at the local Lowe's), and after that failed to remove the threaded piece (about...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks