Search results

1. houndzilla

Pressure gauge hitting 180+ psi?

My plumbers have wrapped up rough-in for my basement project. Everything turned out pretty great, couple hiccups but all in all I have a system drain down hose bib right after my water meter, I attached a Watts pressure gauge because I was curious about what kind of PSI the city is giving me...
  2. houndzilla

Selecting a max output temp for a WH tempering valve?

Watts has two options: 80-120 degrees max 12 gpm (advertised as a domestic water tempering valve) http://www.watts.com/pages/_products_details.asp?pid=6842 90-160 degress max 25 gpm (I think this is for boilers and other types of hot water systems)...
  3. houndzilla

Pretty sure I'm boned now. Shower valve broke off.

In the middle of a basement renovation (for a second bathroom). Nearly all the copper rough in is done, but the remaining shower has a trickle of hot water pressure. I've replaced the valve before so I figured I'd do it again. Well, the cap was on tighter than I recall putting it back on...
  4. houndzilla

Sewer lateral through foundation wall is weeping, work is 5 months old.

I had my sewer system upgraded as part of a basement renovation, new overheard sewers were put in. The Village requires ductile iron through the foundation wall, and the plumbers exterior sewer subcontractor used hydraulic cement to plug up the gap. The hole through the foundation was made...
  5. houndzilla

Using integral power and water on Geberit wall carrier for TOTO bidet seat

I'm planning on mating up a Toto Aquia with Geberit in wall tank/carrier. I've been debating on getting Toto bidet seat, but I really don't want extraneous power and water to the seat. The geberit carrier has provisions for power and water for bidets seats but I 1) cannot seem to find much...
  6. houndzilla

What's the difference between these two overhead sewer setups

I'm going a basement renovation as part of the work I am converting to overhead sewers. Some relevant information: -Basement floor is ~5' below grade -Existing sanitary line is ~7'-6" below grade -Existing sanitary line exits the building footprint, then runs along side the building (within...
  7. houndzilla

Draining freestanding tub inside shower

I've been all around the internet trying to solve this problem, the plumbers I've talked to in person haven't been much help. I'm doing a large walk-in shower with a freestanding tub. This is over a slab on grade so there is no access from below. I'm using Schluter Kerdi all through my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks