Search results

1. mmbridges

Plastic over exerior drain tile gravel pack

Thanks cacher_chick and themp. Yeah I wish I could upload a picture as visuals are always better, do you know how to do that? In the meantime, here is some clarification. I have a rectangular house. N basement wall is completely below grade, S wall is above grade. I have a walkout sliding...
  2. mmbridges

Thanks folks. I was thinking the "building apron" might be what they were going for. It also makes sense because there is an adjacent attached garage which has its own exterior drain that is above the basement exterior drain tile along the E wall. It exits to daylight ~3ft above the basement...
  3. mmbridges

I checked and it does not. The exterior perimeter drain tile hugs the wall and the plastic looks to span from the wall to about 4in past the right edge of the corrugated pipe looking down. Is there logic behind this or were they just cutting corners? I do have high clay soil content.
  4. mmbridges

Was correcting an upward sloping exterior perimeter daylighted corrugated pipe and discovered impervious plastic over the top of the gravel pack surrounding the pipe. Is there any scenario where this would be allowed? I always thought the gravel pack should be covered with some kind of...