Search results

1. Maddog

Repair Kohler Cimarron Flush Valve

Just had to figure out how to change the seal on mother-in-law's Kohler Wellworth. I found this video to be helpful. Took about 2 minutes.... also, I did not have to remove the chain. There is enough slack to turn the cannister over and change out the seal.
  2. Maddog

Lawsuit or Recall of Am,Standard Champion toilets ?

The original blue seal on the Champion flush valve developed blisters and began to leak in less than a year. I replaced it with the red one from Korky (bought it at Lowes) and it has been leak-free for about 2 years.
  3. Maddog

Fluidmaster vs Korky fill valves

I don't know about a religion, but the Fluidmaster 400A has been around for a long time and they seem to work well. Not a pro - am just a homeowner, but I've replaced quite a few old style ballcocks with the Fluidmaster over the last 20+ years and never had one fail.
  4. Maddog

The Debt Deal

You're in deep trouble when the people actually working for a living are out-numbered by the people "voting" for a living ...
  5. Maddog

Kohler Cimarron toilet review, Owner comments and pictures

Same here - not a single clog in 5 years. It is true about the lack of adequate bowl wash, but we still are on the original flapper and the toilet has been entirely maintenance-free. We're happy with it - just need to keep a toilet brush near by.
  6. Maddog

American Standard Champion 4 toilet review and pictures

There's a 10-year warranty on the Champion. Call American Standard and they will send you the replacement seal and/or flush valve.
  7. Maddog

GREAT plunger HELP ??????????????????????

your best buddy when you still have a Mansfield 160 in service ....
  8. Maddog

Floodchek washing machine hoses. (Still in business?)

Anybody seen a braided SS hose (other than Floodsafe) burst? I know the Floodsafe hoses had problems with bursting at the fitting ... but do the actual SS hoses fail? I had a standard rubber washer hose that grew a huge bubble (a flood waiting to happen) before switching to the braided SS...
  9. Maddog

Dead Disposal. Can I remove it?

Looks like yours is a Badger 5 which are fairly easy to replace ===> http://www.insinkerator.com/product/product.php?id=9&template=hhd
  10. Maddog

15 year old Kinetico 30 getting loud ...

Found that the bypass valve (to bypass the softener) was stuck open - haven't closed it in years. I lubricated it and worked it free so it opens and closes smoothly, and the loud humm is gone now. Maybe this freed up a vibrating washer?
  11. Maddog

15 year old Kinetico 30 getting loud ...

I have a Kinetico K-30 water softener that is about 15 years old, and lately it makes a loud humm when water is running in the house. You can feel the head of the unit vibrating when it hums, like there is a loose washer or something. Is there regular maintenance that should be done on this...
  12. Maddog

Tires

I heard a Costco tire guy tell a customer that they can only put a new pair of tires in the back when just replacing 2 tires. They would not put the new tires in the front per the customer request.
  13. Maddog

Replacment Toliet

I recently put a Wellworth in for my mother-in-law. She bought it on the recommendation of a "pro" (contractor friend) for a little-used guest bath. The flush and bowl wash seem pretty good for a cheaper toilet, but I'm a bit leary of that flush cannister. Flappers are easy to replace.
  14. Maddog

I fixed my Champion toilet today !!!!

That's right ===> http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1796962 . It helps keep the bowl clean, but you still have to clean it periodically.
  15. Maddog

I fixed my Champion toilet today !!!!

The AS Champion that I have has the same notch. You can't see it in this picture, but the tank says "made in U.S.A.". Pretty sure this bad boy comes with a 10-year warranty, so you should be covered for another 3 years.
  16. Maddog

Animal Landscaping

we rented a house on a rural road in upstate NY while in college. one rainy night a lady showed up at the door - shaken up after hitting a deer. it wasn't real big, but it did a number on her car. we called the state troopers and one of the first things he asked is if she wanted the deer...
  17. Maddog

American Standard Champion 4 toilet review and pictures

Hmmm - a couple of things to try. Examine the seal carefully to make sure there are no cuts, nicks or dents. Make sure the seal is installed correctly and maybe try turning the seal over to see if the other side seals correctly. After installing this seal (and replacing the original garbage...
  18. Maddog

Pig Slop Contest. Who found the worst plumbing?

looks like this 'hack' also does electrical work ... (lower right corner). that thing's about to explode ...
  19. Maddog

Gulf oil disaster

It was actually a plumber that posts on this forum ....
  20. Maddog

Kohler Wellworth Canister Flush Valve chain tangling?

In-laws needed to replace a toilet in a little-used guest bath. This toilet was recommended to them by a 'contractor' friend as they didn't want to spend a lot of money. Easy enough to install and it has a fairly decent flush for a $120 toilet. I'm not a fan of flush towers/canisters, due to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks