Search results

1. DustinH

Commercial water heater in a regular house?

This may be a dumb question but, can a commercial water heater be installed in a regular residential house? Assuming one wanted to pay the higher cost of a commercial water heater, are the hookups similar? We live in California and I'm wondering if there are codes that prevent it or just plain...
  2. DustinH

Fluctuating temp during shower

What to use instead of galvanized fittings? Also, I'm not sure if they will touch the connection coming out of the meter. That remains to be seen (and possibly why they did it the way they did it). Unfortunately, we're not fond of the installer so, we may pay someone else to come out and fix up...
  3. DustinH

So there are the pics of the install. Looks like 3/4" piping. According to the product manual from Takagi, piping under 10' at 3/4" should be able to handle 364K BTUs. So far, I noticed once, yesterday morning, the water temp fluctuated a tiny amount (went slightly less hot then returned to...
  4. DustinH

Yeh, I'm going to mess with it a little more now that we're not in dire need of being clean. I seem to have noticed that higher flow rates tend to cause the cut out. So I'll try the tub again tonight and see if that makes it behave similarly again (filled the tub for the daughter using the...
  5. DustinH

Posting an update. Got back from a camping trip, decided bath (for daughter) and showers were in order. Hot water ran out and long story short, I was able to get the error code this time. 121 - loss of flame. Hot water wouldn't come back so, I went out, took the cover off (noticed the cover was...
  6. DustinH

It's 2.9gpm with both heads going, 2.2gpm with just the handheld head going. I will say, after bumping the system down to 115 from 120, we were able to run a tub full of hot water for our daughter without any cold water sandwiching in. The problem seems to come and go. I set the shower to just...
  7. DustinH

The unit literally sits about 2 feet away from the gas meter. They installed it on the outside wall of the house where the gas meter is and it has it's own dedicated line. Admittedly, I don't know what size that line is, it looked to be about an inch so, I'll have to measure it to get accurate...
  8. DustinH

My wife and I just had our old water heater replaced with a Takagi T-K4U-OS-N. When showering, I noticed the system tends to go from hot to luke warm to cool and then back to hot again. Also, when we initially ran a bath for our daughter, the water started out hot then just went completely cold...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks