Search results

1. catldavis

Switch to recess lighting - help with Romex

Hello all, I need some help. I want to switch from two down lights to four recessed lights. I took the main light down (L1 in image below) and was meet with the wiring you see on the right. The second down light is turned on by the same two switches (S2) as the primary light. However, I'm not...
  2. catldavis

Plenty of pressure but not water from faucets - I'm lost

Hello all...I have a weird situation. I installed a building along with approximately 90' of 1" water lines (underground) to the well pump. I have an aerator, pressure tank and booster pump at the well. The pressure gauge on the booster pump shows 60 psi. I have a cutoff valve under the building...
  3. catldavis

Bad news concerning my well

I've posted a couple threads about my 2" well. I decided to have a guy with a truck pull the drop pipe. The casing appears to be 96' and the static water is at 11' from the surface. There was only one stick of galvanized pipe with the jet at the bottom with a check valve. The well guy and I...
  4. catldavis

Vertical adapter bolts

Wondering what to do about the bolts on my adapter. One is fine, one looks like it was replaced with a longer bolt and nut and one appears to be broken off in the adapter. Would you just replace the bolts with new adapter bolts (if I can find them), new bolt/washer/nuts or replace the adapter...
  5. catldavis

Proper priming and layout procedures

Hello all, I'm installing a vertical deep well pump. I have the pump attached to the casing and the pump wired. I've never installed a pump before, so I'm a little nervous that I might create a catastrophic failure. When I read the pump manuals for the proper start up procedure, one says to open...
  6. catldavis

Newbie installing vertical pump - should I try?

I have a piece of property that had a house on it that was torn down. I've since put a structure on the property and would like to try and use the existing well casing. I've never installed a vertical pump (or any pump for that matter) but would like to attempt to. The existing casing is 2"...
  7. catldavis

Septic line drop requirements

I'm installing a modular building on a piece of land I've purchased. The land is only 60' wide with trees lining the sides. For me to set the modular building and still have the ability to get around the building, I'll need to locate the bathroom approximately 95' from the septic tank (septic is...
  8. catldavis

2" Jet Pump - worth the time?

I've purchased a piece of property with a 2" jet pump casing. I'm hoping to put a shop on the property and would like to have a bathroom and water for occasional irrigation. Is it worth putting a pump on the casing? I'm getting mixed opinions if it is worth even trying to hook a pump up to it.
  9. catldavis

Difference between a single stage and multi-stage pump?

Looking at pumps and trying to decide between a single stage and multi-stage pump. I know the physical difference, but practically speaking is there preference? Is one more reliable than the other and is the additional cost worth it for the multi-stage?
  10. catldavis

Can someone identfy this casing adapter?

I recently purchased a piece of property that has a well casing and some type of adapter mounted on the casing. The casing is 2". I'm a little familiar with submersible pumps but not much experience with above ground pumps. Is this a jet pump and is there a way to test if the casing is good? Is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks