Search results

1. catldavis

Switch to recess lighting - help with Romex

Okay, was able to get in the attic and take a peek. So the 12/3 and 12/2 from light 1 (L1) goes to light 2 (L2). I didn't have the time to track the 12/3 coming out of light 2. Here's a schematic of what it appears like from the top...
  2. catldavis

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1arNssLSBjlk14UV67FEBMs2gwfwyB-Oj/view?usp=sharing
  3. catldavis

Okay, please see if the attached image works. If not, here's an unrestricted link to the image.
  4. catldavis

Hello all, I need some help. I want to switch from two down lights to four recessed lights. I took the main light down (L1 in image below) and was meet with the wiring you see on the right. The second down light is turned on by the same two switches (S2) as the primary light. However, I'm not...
  5. catldavis

Plenty of pressure but not water from faucets - I'm lost

No, pressure gauge on booster just holds pressure so doesn't seem like there could be a (significant) leak. That is what I cut, the main and water had plenty of pressure. The line goes from the booster pump underground for 90', reemerges and there is a check valve and then in to the ball valve...
  6. catldavis

That was my thoughts too...Pressure gauge holds consistent pressure, even with both sink faucets open. That would be because little to no water is coming out of the faucets. No tub, shower only. It's not a valve that I haven't discovered, I installed all the lines (new) from the well to the...
  7. catldavis

Yes, it's a 3/4" PVC ball valve. I didn't move the valve, it's a new install. Correct, the cutoff is there so you don't have to walk to the pump and turn that ball valve.
  8. catldavis

Hello all...I have a weird situation. I installed a building along with approximately 90' of 1" water lines (underground) to the well pump. I have an aerator, pressure tank and booster pump at the well. The pressure gauge on the booster pump shows 60 psi. I have a cutoff valve under the building...
  9. catldavis

Bad news concerning my well

One last question, would I need a subpanel so I will have two breakers for the pumps? I was just going to use a weather proof conduit box and tie the 10/2 from the main panel to one run of 12/2 for the vertical pump and one run of 12/2 for the booster. In essence, pigtail three hots together...
  10. catldavis

Thanks again Valveman. One last question, do I tap the current 10/2 wire to run the booster? I was once told never tap the wire to the pump - even for a light - since you might damage the pump by pulling off power from the wire. I have a 30amp breaker, just concerned the breaker might not be...
  11. catldavis

Okay, setting up the storage set up and have a few questions: 1) I can't find any images of a storage tank/aerator setup to help me. Where do I pull the voltage to run the booster pump? I have 10/2 UF running to the vertical pump. Do I just tap that and run a leg over to the booster? 2) What...
  12. catldavis

Storage tank set-up

Valveman shared this with me so I'll share it with you:
  13. catldavis

Been reading today, some say use chlorine and dry ice? These guys on Facebook have videos that show good results with dry ice: https://www.facebook.com/watch/Mullis-Well-Drilling-Grading-1419707978040992/
  14. catldavis

That's the value of the Nuwell pills I suppose, the pills rapidly fall to the bottom of the well where they dissolve against the casing and I suspect have a better chance of dissolving any minerals in the screen. However, vinegar is more dense than water alone so pouring liquid vinegar down the...
  15. catldavis

That's what is interesting, both of the guys told me the size and CFM really doesn't matter. One - who has been doing wells since the '70s - said he just uses a horse and a half compressor that he carries around in his truck. They both said the same thing, don't have your face over the casing...
  16. catldavis

Okay, I tried the well again today, it wasn't even a gallon a minute and what was coming out was really muddy and the color of chocolate milk. I spoke to some local well men who have been working on wells around here for many,many decades. They said they've had *some* luck with attaching an air...
  17. catldavis

Thank you Valveman! That's about what it was doing, about 1 GPM. The well guy seemed to indicate it was hopeless. I guess he's saying that since the water we poured down the casing was filling up the casing, he's not sure what we were pumping wasn't the water we used to fill up the casing to...
  18. catldavis

I've posted a couple threads about my 2" well. I decided to have a guy with a truck pull the drop pipe. The casing appears to be 96' and the static water is at 11' from the surface. There was only one stick of galvanized pipe with the jet at the bottom with a check valve. The well guy and I...
  19. catldavis

Vertical adapter bolts

Thanks for the reply. Do you know where to get the adapter gasket? Can't seem to find just the gasket online.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks