Search results

1. Tameria11

Toto Drake squeaking and filling up to much

Hi Terry I will try to adjust it. I don't hang around listening to my toilet, i can here it in the kitchen
  2. Tameria11

Toto Drake squeaking and filling up to much

Hi Installed a Toto Drake 3 weeks ago. when I flush a get a very loud squeak, and it squeaks at the end of filling as well. Also the water in the tank fills to much sometimes and goes down the center drain tube, this leaves the toilet running. Not sure how to adjust would appreciate some advice...
  3. Tameria11

crawlspce( unheated but insulated) installing waterlines and drains

Vapor barrier thanks, The dirt floor is covered and taped with a vapor barrier, There are to runs from the main trunk that are already in the crawl space. They are partily blocked to reduce heat flow. Is that ok, the walls are insultaed and vapor barriered as well, In fact they have...
  4. Tameria11

Thanks for the info, I live on the shores of Northern Lake Superiior and we have days of -45, I will put 2 heat ducts of my main trunk into the crawl space and that should keep it above freezing.
  5. Tameria11

I am aware insulation does not supply heat, A guy up here Northern Ontario( -45 in winter often) said I should wrap the hot and cold together and than insult around pipes to hold the heat. I am thinking i need some type of heated water line device. any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
  6. Tameria11

Hi Have not been here for 3/4 years. Glad it is still going strong. I have had to buy home ( separated!) I have a partial basement where my main comes in and my stack is there as well. I am remodeling Kit and Bath and need to know how to insulate lines in an unheated dirt crawl space. I move...
  7. Tameria11

help on corner custom shower

Hi We could not fit a nice shower down our stairs so we are going custom, 40wideX54long in a corner, the guy said we should build a pony wall 36 high by 2X6's.( can we use 2x4's I think that will look a little boxy, we want an open look. We need a pivot door because at the end of the shower we...
  8. Tameria11

pony wall for custom shower??help

Hi We could not fit a nice shower down our stairs so we are going custom, 40wideX54long in a corner, the guy said we should build a pony wall 36 high by 2X6's.( can we use 2x4's I think that will look a little boxy, we want an open look. We need a pivot door because at the end of the shower we...
  9. Tameria11

new toilet for

Not sure what you mean by a few squares?, My concern in the basement install is the powerful flush, that is why I was thinking of the ultramax
  10. Tameria11

new toilet for

Terry $$ Hi Terry Well, I finished the main floor, took 2 years, but I'm back again. You have the most useful site, thank you for your interest and sharing your insight. Maybe I will go with cotton white and SG, they must have made a mistake in quoting me. What is the advatage of the SG...
  11. Tameria11

new toilet for

basement bathroom reno. I am thinking about the ToTo Ultramax 1 piece elongated MS854114S. I did not order yet because not sure if the sani glaze is woth the extra cost, almost $200. more in Canada. Thoughts, suggestions would be valued at this time. I would like to order by Tuesday Feb 26...
  12. Tameria11

water line in basement wall (Freezing)

Thanks Makes sense to me, I will re-design for access and plumb inside walls Thanks kindly for reminding me about the future problems:)
  13. Tameria11

Exhaust fan in basement for

new bathroom, or is window all I need. I will lose a lot of ceiling height and have to go through the foundation to install a fan. Is an open window enough to get the moisture out of the basement bathroom. It has a shower and sink and toilet only. Thanks Dave
  14. Tameria11

water line in basement wall (Freezing)

I am going through the concrete floor slab Friday in my basement bathroom to set up drain locations, The bathroom is located in the S/E corner which has two outside walls. I was always told never run waterlines on the outside walls. My plumber came by yesterday and said if I frame the walls...
  15. Tameria11

water line on exterior wall

inside walls not quite clear what you mean. Do you have your water lines behind the drywall going through the studs, and how do you connect to the shower head, it will be above the frost line?
  16. Tameria11

water line on exterior wall

Hello First, I would like to thank everyone that has been helpful to my questions so far, Great stuff. Do to our restricted layout, I will be forced to run water lines through my exterior wall in the basement for our new bathroom. I want to drywall the ceiling to keep some height, how do you...
  17. Tameria11

rough in or frame first

Hi Should I frame in my bathroom or do the rough in first, I have heard 2 opinions so far, one says rough in first, one says frame in walls first? Thanks Dave
  18. Tameria11

direction of sewer line in basement??

Thanks everyone for your help, I feel better already, of course I haven't lifted the jackhammer yet! Thanks again.... Dave
  19. Tameria11

I have a clean out about 15 feet towards the west wall as well, it is about 2 feet from the south wall foundation, would that mean my sewer line is heading towards the west wall. 1 plumber said it was heading east,,towards back of house, the other said it was going west towards our front lawn...
  20. Tameria11

not to my knowledge the basement was first built in 37, but has been on the city line for 40-50 years The ABS you see attached to the cast was a previous owners above ground ( illegal toilet). I am trying to jackhammer up the south wall to the east direction. Why wold you ask about a septic...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks