Search results

1. Guy Gould

Bladder Tank Down

I wouldn't know how to tell. This is all new territory to me. When I went to take the water tank out, I remember that it was 3/4 full but wouldn't drain even after I removed the outlet pipe. Once I started turning the inlet pipe loose, the water came gushing out. So, I'm wondering about whether...
  2. Guy Gould

Bladder Tank Down

I listened to what you said. I have changed things around. I'm going to try it later tonight once things set up. My family appreciates you and your family's support and gesture of kindness. I would still be serving if I could.
  3. Guy Gould

Bladder Tank Down

You're right about the real world experience. But I'm a broke veteran on a fixed income and people don't work for free. Plumbers are still people, right? I appreciate the information that you have shared, though. I really do.
  4. Guy Gould

Bladder Tank Down

So, you're saying that there is a check valve underground and that I don't need the one on top, is that correct? Is moving the pressure switch absolutely necessary? That's a bit more involved. Additionally, when I initially turn the power on, the air pressure at the tank is 40. The pressure...
  5. Guy Gould

Bladder Tank Down

Okay. I'll change it around. Anything else?
  6. Guy Gould

Bladder Tank Down

This is how I have set up the the expansion tank. Take a look. When I turn the switch on at the pole, it will run nicely for about 10 seconds and then start short cycling again. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? I have had suggestions that the air pressure is too low in the...
  7. Guy Gould

Bladder Tank Down

Having determined that the tank is bad, I am going to have to replace it. I have decided to replace it with a 4.5 gallon size tank with a cycle stop valve. It seems more economic all the way around.
  8. Guy Gould

Bladder Tank Down

I'll give it a shot and let you know what happens.
  9. Guy Gould

Bladder Tank Down

There is no branding on the tank that I can recognize. The air pressure wasn't enough to register on a tire pressure gauge. The only thing that I have so far is to pressurize the tank. I don't know how much pressure to put in it. I have a 40/60 switch on it. With the new information, do you have...
  10. Guy Gould

Bladder Tank Down

I have the power cut off.
  11. Guy Gould

Bladder Tank Down

I have an 83 gallon bladder tank that is almost 4 years old that is short cycling like a jackrabbit. I tried to empty the tank (nothing came out), checked the pressure (no pressure) and there is a condensation line at about 3/4 height of tank. Water will flow to the house while it's short...