Search results

1. wrench187

Kitchen Sink to Basement Bath Wet Vent

Here's a revision as cacher_chick suggested - definitely a lot better instead of coming back with a half loop. The vents will connect at 42" above floor. Then a single 2" vent and single 2" waste will go upstairs.
  2. wrench187

Taking a second look, I believe I understand your comment about moving the kitchen waste further downstream - this would also move the WC vent line further down stream so that I dont have to run a piece of straight pipe back over to the stud bay. I'll mock it up and upload a new pic - thanks
  3. wrench187

Thanks for the suggestions! What does moving the kitchen waste downstream do for the system? More room to slope line below grade? I'd like to get a cleanout in there somewhere - probably near or above the toilet space. The space to the left of the toilet will be a tiled shower. I have...
  4. wrench187

Hi all, Here's where I'm at with things - any comments or punches in the nose would be appreciated. One thing to note - I'm some what forced to take the kitchen waste and vents up at the locations shown. These are the locations where I need to come up through the first floor to avoid window...
  5. wrench187

Here's a better diagram of my proposed W/V - couple questions: 1. is this going to work? 2. Can I reduce the size of vent between floors? I'd like to use all 1 1/2" pipe above the floor joists due to the exterior wall only being 3 1/2". Given the width of the rim joist ( 1 1/2") that only...
  6. wrench187

I hoping these pics may help describe the situation I'm working with. I plan to furr out the basement walls for finishing, but the existing 3" branch waste is approx 15" from the foundation wall and about 8-9" away from the footing. It's a pretty tight squeeze to get all the shower trap and...
  7. wrench187

Hi all, I'm back at it, and determined to get this right! Hopefully with the help of you experts out there. I have attached another diagram, but not sure if this is correct (venting and kitchen waste). Also how would one go about the areas where the vent has to cross the waste lines...
  8. wrench187

Thanks - what would be the correct way to vent the group?
  9. wrench187

The point where I'm getting tripped up is that my vent stack needs to occur in middle of the basement bathroom group. Can the vent stack be feasible in the middle of the basement bath group?
  10. wrench187

Thanks all for the input! I have created another diagram - Any input would be greatly appreciated! At the shower I understand I'll need to tie the vent into the arm past the trap, but before the main line. The WC goes directly from the toilet flange into the main 3" waste - there is no arm...
  11. wrench187

Here's a shot of the first floor. I'm working with a fairly tight stud cavity for the vent and drain space - can the waste and vent be next to each other like it's shown in the photo?
  12. wrench187

Can the basement shower and toilet vent be combined and use a single vent up to the first floor? They're approx within 4' to 5' of each other. The basement lav is on a different wall and will have a separate vent that ties into the VTR at the attic Will the attached sketch be compliant with...
  13. wrench187

Thanks for the definitive direction. So with that said, I assume I'll need to run an independent vent from the basement bathroom group up to the first floor and then to the VTR - is that accurate? Then I assume I can make the vent connection at the first floor, 6" min above the kitchen sink...
  14. wrench187

I'm in the middle of a kitchen remodel which will tie into the basement bathroom plumbing. My question is regarding the 2" waste from the 1st floor kitchen sink to the basement plumbing. Can the 2" waste line from the sink act as a wet vent for the basement shower and toilet? Or do I need to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks