Search results

1. kalkaskacabin

Well need disinfecting

I had to Google that, but mine does not have any hold downpipe. This is sealed, so I cannot get water/bleach past it. How can I bleach the well?
  2. kalkaskacabin

Well need disinfecting

I need to disinfect my well, but my well casing is blocked. What do you think this is? This is about 4-5ft down the casing (I am sure this is around the water level). I do not know how deep the weel is, but it is a shallow well with a 1/2hp pump.
  3. kalkaskacabin

Lab results in, recommendations needed.

Thanks for putting things in perspective. When I get my system I am sure I will experiment with the settings. As an Engineer, I can't help myself....
  4. kalkaskacabin

If I do the manual regen, I assume it runs the full cycle. Or are the units "smart" enough to know that only a few hundred gallons were treated and adjust the regen cycle accordingly? I like the idea of always leaving clean resin, even though I only used a few hundred gallons because it may be...
  5. kalkaskacabin

The sizing calculator says 1,800 grains per day and 14,000 total gains of capacity for a weekly regen. Being that it's a cabin, my avg usage would be 14,000 grain per month. Would a metered valve would be best for this application, something like the Fleck 5600SXT? This would cause a long...
  6. kalkaskacabin

My cabin is in Northern Michigan so it does get cold. I did have H2S in hot water but I changed the anode rod and that basically made it disappear. The items that I posted were the only things detected, I will try to upload the report.
  7. kalkaskacabin

I got my water tested with a Kar labs 90 kit. This is for our cabin, 1.5 baths and there are 3 of us. The usage will be minimal, mostly weekends and a bit more in the summer. Recommendations please. The results are: Hardness 138 mg/L (as CaCO3) Hardness (gpg) 8.1 grains/gallon PH 7.9 Iron...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks