Search results

1. JohnFromOKC

PVC Fittings at Well Head Keep Breaking

I've had to dig up my well head multiple times to repair leaks. I thought I did a good job each time, but within a year, it leaks again, always a PVC fitting, either a threaded fitting (schedule 80) other times a 90 degree elbow. Cut in pressure 42 psig, cut out 62 psig. This last time, I...
  2. JohnFromOKC

Help me Determine the Best Softener for my Home Please. :)

I'm well aware of all those types of stories. Economical doesn't mean low bid. It's not economical to foul heat exchangers or fail to hire qualified, well trained technicians and to skip out on continuing education for those technicians. What you just described was management incompetence, not...
  3. JohnFromOKC

I'm learning all I possibly can about softeners and the related water chemistry. It's a bit different than the water analysis and treatment for chillers, cooling towers and boilers. All we care about is preventing corrosion and scale in the most economical way possible. Some facilities use huge...
  4. JohnFromOKC

What is the difference in total hardness and total alkalinity?
  5. JohnFromOKC

I've been researching for a couple of weeks, and sorting through the massive amount of information on water softeners available. Here's my information about my home and water: Home: About 2600 FT2. 4 people - me, wife and 2 college kids. 3 full baths 2 propane water heaters, one 50 gallon, one...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks