Search results

1. Sbmmm

Washing Machine + Slop Sink + AAV

I meant the Clothes Washer drainpipe trap.
  2. Sbmmm

Washing Machine + Slop Sink + AAV

- Is there a minimum height number from the floor to somewhere on the CW trap?
  3. Sbmmm

DWV project - how does this look?

There are two roof penetrations per the current drawing schematic. One has a 1 1/2" roof penetration that you are alluding to but is using 2" pipe all the way to the underside of the roof just in case this is a problem. At this point, I would use a 2"->1 1/2" reducing fernco clamp. I can...
  4. Sbmmm

Does the below slab DWV design (and the important questions asked in post #9) meet 2012 code? Any problems or concerns? https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/dwv-project-how-does-this-look.66185/#post-493543
  5. Sbmmm

Ok, got it. What about the questions in post #9? Thanks.
  6. Sbmmm

Thanks, Terry (and Reach for your responses). Ok, I can understand that sink over washer is no longer permitted. I have been referencing different code books/years. What about a back-to-back fitting at the same level? Or is your design mentioned above in post #16 preferable (all else being...
  7. Sbmmm

Thanks again. I am still wondering why my picture attached in post #12 above wouldn't work (with 2" san-tees instead of combos)? But, I can use Terry's design, https://terrylove.com/images/washer_rough_b.jpg since it's deemed better practice here. And it's not too much extra ABS to loop back...
  8. Sbmmm

Thanks again. I appreciate your response because it means this is getting a step closer. I need to make all design corrections now and then make final cuts, glue, test and then call for inspection of the DWV. I was confused because I read this (see section 908, pages 21 and 22 of the pdf) -...
  9. Sbmmm

Thanks for the response. " Item B appears to be is a sanitary tee to service a sink or something. If so, there is no vent." In this design, B is a san-tee but only to accommodate cleanout in the top opening using a street 90*. Doesn't the vent above D provide air for E and B? "Fixture D I...
  10. Sbmmm

I have assembled the mock-up as you suggested and included a drawing schematic to view the overall system with vents. I am guessing there are at least 5 things wrong with what I have shown. Probably more. What do you think is wrong and what could be improved? Of course, others can offer...
  11. Sbmmm

Clothes washer drainpipe

Alright, thanks. Please note that the photo you marked was an example of what I was considering, but have chosen not to pursue because I don't like the diagonal cuts through the studs for 2" pipe. It was the genesis for the original post question in this thread. The second picture in this...
  12. Sbmmm

Clothes washer drainpipe

I had another thought. Intuitively, this seems wrong (not vertical enough) or is it ok? Can the CW drainpipe use 90* fittings (with a Long 90* on the vertical to horizontal) so that it can fit in one stud bay? See picture. Or does the lack of vertical length when using 90s not meet code? Or...
  13. Sbmmm

Clothes washer drainpipe

This was a question I wanted to keep separate from the project I am doing here - https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/dwv-project-how-does-this-look.66185/#post-493543 I was considering putting the washer and dryer next to each other (as a suggested option). This necessitated...
  14. Sbmmm

Ok, I have returned back from a break from the Phoenix summer heat. I sketched a schematic showing the layout with venting and have included pictures of the dry fit mock-up. I cut the pieces long and as a result, they are not orientated exactly at the correct pitch. They will be when glued...
  15. Sbmmm

Clothes washer drainpipe

Of course, I meant 1/8th (of a circle's 360 *s) without the inches (just in that notation habit). So, the 45*s are exactly what I was wondering. Thanks, that helps.
  16. Sbmmm

Clothes washer drainpipe

Is it acceptable to design a CW drainpipe with a jog using two 1/8" fittings? IOW, above the trap and below the connection opening for the CW I am considering making this jog. Ok by current code? Thanks.
  17. Sbmmm

This is one reason why I laid out the mock-up like I did. The other is... I don't know what is best practice regarding the connection location for the toilet. Specifically, is it better downstream of the Lav or upstream of everything else or leave it where it is? That dramatically affects...
  18. Sbmmm

The reason I didn't stick everything together was because I wasn't sure of two things. One, should the toilet be connected to the 3" pipe where it is or should I position it more upstream or downstream relative to other fixtures? And two, I am not familiar with the DWV testing requirements for...
  19. Sbmmm

I have attached a pdf of the floorplan and pictures in its current state. The house is in Arizona and it's a conversion of an old addition into a larger new space with additional plumbing fixtures. Existing 3" drain line leads to the house main, then to the city main. A cleanout furthest...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks