Search results

1. Rope Tow

PEX versus Copper

Go Pex I just plumbed my entire house with PEX - a great experience. Install went fast - no leaks. Its quiet. I used a modified manual method. I have a manual across the basement, with 3/4" runs to each each bath/kitchen/utility. I ran 3/4 right up to each tub and shower. Regarding...
  2. Rope Tow

pex layout like copper OR the manifold method

Modified Manifold Method I'm a DIY who recently plumbed a new house - 2 and 1/2 baths - with Pex. After a bit of research, I opted for a modified manifold system. I have a distributed manifold where a 3/4" hot and cold lines goe to each bathroom, the kitchen, hose bibs, etc. It looks really...
  3. Rope Tow

Cost to find a leak in new PVC plumbing

Slow Leak .5 lbs in two minutes is pretty slow. You might not be able to hear or feel it. I've just finished testing my PVC. Make sure the air pressure and temperature stabilizes before starting your test. Hot air from the air compressor is not uncommon, and will shrink of course when it...
  4. Rope Tow

Advice on how to seal test plug

Thanks Thanks. Building inspector wants to see 5 lbs. I tried "moistening" the rubber on the plugs with silicone. Didn't help. Finally went to the the hardware store and got the rubber quik-caps you described and they worked fine. I used the first method you described for all my sinks -...
  5. Rope Tow

Advice on how to seal test plug

I'm air pressure testing my PVC DWV lines on a new house. I'm having a devil of a time getting the test plugs to seal in the drain opennings. The 4" work fine, but the 2" ones - for the w/d, tub, shower, etc. are all leaking. I'm using the simple wing-nut variety from HD. I've cleaned the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks