Search results

1. Holybuzz

Removing asbestos-covered pipes

Hello! I have a 75-year-old house that was converted from hot water radiation to electric baseboards some twenty years ago (before I owned the place.) The move was done to take advantage of the extremely low electric rates (they're still low), but the hot water pipes weren't removed. I am now...
  2. Holybuzz

Need fix for a low, rusted, and slightly tilted closet flange

I'm re-doing a 4x5 1/2 bath in tile and radiant heat. (BTW, I've posted this question to the John Bridge forum, but I came here to look for more input.) Issue 1: The bathroom is on a crawl space and has a slight slope to it. From the entry to the opposite wall (5ft) there is a loss in height...
  3. Holybuzz

Copper fittings: elbow AND offset?

I may need to bring my supply lines closer to the wall where I am installing a shower valve. I'm using copper, and I thought that my only option was to use two elbows on each side: one on each side to bring the lines closer to the wall, and one one each side to bring the line to the valve...
  4. Holybuzz

Delta Monitor 1700 (1768) "Graves" tub/shwr valve

Hello, Others have said it before, but thanks to all the experts (and to the DIYers with busted knuckles) for posting on this site. Without it, looking under "P" in the phone book would be our only course of action. I just bought a Delta (as far as I can see, the preferred brand on the site)...
  5. Holybuzz

Tiling a shower ceiling. Tips?

The shower area of our loft bathroom has a gabled ceiling. The gable (the angle of the roof, that is) starts at five feet from the bottom of the bathtub. I am doing the shower in ceramic tile. Is it enough to tile up to just five feet? My guess is that it isn't, not if I don't want to risk...
  6. Holybuzz

Insulating a noisy bathtub. How?

I'm installing an acrylic bathtub. The thing is light and easy to work with, but I'm worried that it will sound like a orchestra's timpani drum once installed. What might I do to insulate it? I recently installed a new dishwasher and, as per the suggestion of an appliance shop, I used taped pink...
  7. Holybuzz

Replacing old tub, need advice.

I am installing an American Standard Americast Princeton tub. I have a two questions. 1. Is this a good tub? If not (I had a bad experience with a warped Americast kitchen sink), what is a better choice in the cheapskate range ($250)? (NOTE: I say "cheapskate," but this tub is the most...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks