Search results

1. jaretj

Broken Vent?

Barometric Vent? Ok, I think I am starting to get it. I understand the S trap and the wet vent situation. To remedy this, can I use a barometric closed loop vent for my sink? I know it is not the best senario, but I cannot get around a post to revent without furring out the entire wall to go...
  2. jaretj

Broken Vent?

Re-Vent The 90 you are looking at is for the washer drain, not the new sink drain. I used a 45 below the 90 for the new sink drain connection. I don't have a trap for the sink drain yet, it is just a vertical stub out in the wall. I plan on putting a sanitary tee on the stub out, adding a...
  3. jaretj

Broken Vent?

Re-vent Here is a picture of the condition I am trying to describe.
  4. jaretj

Broken Vent?

I am adding a sink in my laundry room next to the washing machine. In order to add a drain line, I tied into the existing vented drain for the washer beneath the subfloor with a 45, then routed the line up and over to where the new sink will sit. Looking through my plumbing book, I appear to...
  5. jaretj

Under Counter Washer and Dryer

I think the standpipe is only at 36" currently. If I were to move it up, I could not put a counter over the top of the machines because I would have no place to route the hoses. I know I have seen pictures of washer/dryers with a counter over the top and no hoses above the counter. I just can't...
  6. jaretj

Under Counter Washer and Dryer

I am remodeling my laundry/mud room and am adding a sink base cabinet next to the washer and dryer. The washer/dryer will both be front loading, so I would like to extend the counter over the units. My question is this; Where do I plumb the on/off valves and drain for the washing machine? Can I...