Search results

1. N

not quite 5' for bathtub

The tub installation was done in 1971 - it is a horrible, original 70s bathroom and all throughout our house, they put up drywall, then about 1/4" plaster on top. I'm guessing that you guys are right that the thickness of those walls + tile will allow us to put in a 60" tub but it will be close!
  2. N

not quite 5' for bathtub

Unfortunately, we really kind of need a tub there. We have another bathroom that is shower-only and a young child. And we'd kind of like to leave the drain & supply lines where they are to try to save a little $$. I guess an option is refinishing the tub, but I don't think that will stand up...
  3. N

not quite 5' for bathtub

Hi all - This is probably an exceedingly stupid question, but my husband and I are beginning to plan a bathroom remodel and want to replace the 30+ year old, really beat up tub. When we measured the right-hand-drain tub from wall-to-wall in its alcove, it measured 57 1/2". When we looked...
  4. N

air in the pipes

Thanks! Thanks for the advice - one question, though - if it is a leak in the pipe to the well or the well itself, is there any alternative to digging it up and replacing it? Of course, we have just put down a new lawn over the pipe and I am not eager to trash it.
  5. N

air in the pipes

Hi all - I am new to the wonderful world of well maintenance and need help - our home has a 80' well put in in 1970, and a pressure tank, filter cannister that uses calcite, and Kinetco water softener. We must manually backflow the system, which we have not been scrupulous about. The only...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks