Search results

1. Nanker Phelge

WBRU80 ERR029

The only thing I don't do from the recommended annual maintenance list is flush the exchanger or clean the CH filter. And when the boiler is powered up and fires up, I then use a Testo 310 test set to run thru all the combustion, draft, pressure and temperature efficiency tests, which of course...
  2. Nanker Phelge

WBRU80 ERR029

Thks for the reply. Is there any obvious way to check for this? I did take the condensate resevoir off the bottom of the exchanger and out to empty and clean it, ensuring there were no blockages. It seemed ok and was discharging water as intended. Could there perhaps be a problem with the...
  3. Nanker Phelge

WBRU80 ERR029

When I went to fire up my Westinghouse WBRU80 for the season I got an ERR029, which indicates an issue with the APS. APS replaced and still the same issue. Condensate line has no sign of blockage. I am going to remove the exhaust line to ensure there are no unexpected blockages. But an odd...
  4. Nanker Phelge

Cost of indirect tank vs gas and electric water heater

So I was all set to buy an indirect hot water tank to replace my electric that just went kaput, adding it into my primary loop as a priority third zone in my two-zone boiler set up that heats my home. So any of the three indirects I have narrowed my search down to will cost ~$1000-$1200 (plus...
  5. Nanker Phelge

TT SMART 30 or 40

Installed a WBRNG080W with 2 zones 2 years ago and I couldn't be happier. My electric 70 gal hot water heater has been slowly leaking for the past year and has just packed it in. So it's a no-brainer to add a third zone DHW to my primary loop. I have all but settled on the Tri-Tube SMART but...
  6. Nanker Phelge

Cast iron vs flat panel rads

I guess claiming to DIY is death to the thread. Sad.
  7. Nanker Phelge

I am planning to perform as much of the equipment install as I feel appropriate. I will buy the boiler, manifolds, air separator, expansion tank, backflow preventor, circulators, hose bib/boiler drains and install them adjacent to the wall on which my NGas manifold is mounted. I will buy the PEX...
  8. Nanker Phelge

Now that we are just about ready to purchase a boiler and heat emitters, I am starting to consider the nuts and bolts of how it will go together. I imagine at this point that the boiler out and return will feed into hot and cold manifolds supplying the 2 or 3 zones, each with its own pump. I am...
  9. Nanker Phelge

Ok, so we are just about there (I hope). Our house has a main and lower level that requires heating. I was originally and I am still planning to treat both spaces as separate zones. I am thinking at this point to use (new) cast iron rads on the main floor, where 95% of our time is spent, both...
  10. Nanker Phelge

I am leaning toward going with new cast iron rads over newer flat panel style. I really dig the antique look of the cast iron, and although i have been googling high and lo, I can't much of a price difference. I am looking for used rads which would make cast iron all the more an attractive...
  11. Nanker Phelge

Is it efficient to have combi boiler supplying hot water only during warmer months?

So it seems then that to try and "make" a combi work in a house with enough room to hook an indirect water heater would be foolhearty? The combi is best used, it seems where space is tight, likely the case in many European homes, where the combi is quite common. Would it be fair then, to think...
  12. Nanker Phelge

My own home heat analysis

You are correct. The house is a bit of a hodge-podge, having gone gone through what appears to me like at least 3 major renovations-additions since it was first built in 1952. Original sections of the house have brown buffalo board still in pkace over 2x4 framing, while newer sections have...
  13. Nanker Phelge

Is it efficient to have combi boiler supplying hot water only during warmer months?

I have been searching for info on combi boiler operation during warmer months without much luck. During colder, winter months, when the boiler will ideally be operating more regularly for long enough durations to take advantage of its efficiency I can see how providing hot water in addition...
  14. Nanker Phelge

My own home heat analysis

I am just trying to get my ducks in a row, planning to make the big switch from electrical baseboard to combi boiler flat panel heat for next winter. I have put in a good deal of time reading, and completed, what I feel is an honest and extensive heat analysis for my home. I published the...
  15. Nanker Phelge

Would you buy your combi boiler at "The Wholesale Warehouse"?

I am getting close to the point when I want to purchase a Bosch 151 combi for our home and like many others find myself on a tight budget. So being as thrifty as I can I am trying to check as many avenues for savings possible before plunking down my cash. I wonder what others opinions might be...
  16. Nanker Phelge

appropriately sizing a room's hydronic radiator requirements

I have been reading lots of similarly appropriate resources online, but I think it is now time to start posting questions in a forum to find answers to questions still outstanding as well as confirm my intentions to install a HG combi boiler with flat panel hydronic radiators to replace my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks