Search results

1. A12548

What can I expect for my AC repair

My Goodman AC unit has an issue, I do plan to call a pro Monday..but any hints at what it might be...we noticed the house got a bit warmer..the outside fan was not moving..a kickstart did not help and I don't hear any compressor noise on that outside unit. The inside unit seems be cranking and...
  2. A12548

Softener Drain needs to be moved

Do you mean put one end of drain hose into 5 gallon to check flow from a tap? Because my drain hose currently terminates in the attic. But thanks, I was not agreeing with tech about some water squirting out of disconnected line. I would drain it into the utility sink but its in a kind of high...
  3. A12548

Softener Drain needs to be moved

Re: Kenmore 300 Series After some recent slow to little Brine draw, a Sears tech, (yes they still exist) said everything checks ok but said problem may be my drain line, which goes up into attic about 6 feet up then across attic floor to washer drain line. He pulled the drain line off softener...
  4. A12548

Thin Wall to Schedule 40 fitting

Expanding a zone, and unfortunately, it needs to come off a thin wall 1" pipe. Replacing the thin wall line completely is currently not an option. The 1" thin wall can barely fit a 1/4" inside a Schedule 40 coupling. Is there an adapter coupling or any other solution to join the two?
  5. A12548

Extending sprinkler line to deck cutout

I attached a photo and yes its quite a mess so far, pool was excavated out and all pool lines went with it. Next is, repair cmu blocks, install pavers with cutout, and screen enclosure will follow. But you mentioned getting pipe under the footing, well the arrows show where the footing and block...
  6. A12548

Extending sprinkler line to deck cutout

I had a pool removed and backfilled from within a 4' cmu block retaining wall. We are putting in pavers with a nice long 15' x 4' cutout which we intend to keep plants and trees (screen enclosure friendly). My quagmire is, obviously I need this irrigated, hand watering if I must, but if I want...
  7. A12548

In ground Pool removal- Electrical panel options

Money pit is an understatement..everytime I went into a Pinch a Penny with a test sample I walked out with $40-$50 worth of chemicals, then a heavy rain would bring it back down to zero. But anyway, good ideas, I will keep the timer for some outdoor lighting and have them make an extra GFCI. But...
  8. A12548

In ground Pool removal- Electrical panel options

I am having my inground pool removed, backfilled and eventually a paver deck. My electrical panel mounted on side of house has breakers for pumps, light and blower, which of course I will no longer need. I just want to keep the outlet on the left. Before I call an electrician, I am not sure...
  9. A12548

Kenmore 350 Series Softener has phone tech stumped

Follow up, after cleaning screen, and opening bypass again, home now has low water pressure, if I shut bypass, pressure resumes. Might be time for a new unit
  10. A12548

Kenmore 350 Series Softener has phone tech stumped

Starting a week ago, we notice lower water pressure in house at random times caused by my Kenmore softener discharging water out of drain tube mostly in morning hours, and the panel does not indicate it is in any cycle, just the water flow bar moving rapidly. Not sure how long it lasts but its...
  11. A12548

Home Alarm system transformer question

Thanks Jad for taking the time to explain it very well!
  12. A12548

Ah sorry I may not have been clear enough, no, the whole works of the alarm system is in a bedroom closet, only the actual 16v transformer is plugged into an attic outlet which is attached to a stud. It never malfunctioned, but felt very warm, so I replaced it with a newer model transformer...
  13. A12548

My home alarm system has a transformer in the attic. It always felt very warm but not so hot that you cannot keep your hand on it. I replaced it, and it is the same. Given the extreme summer heat in my Florida attic, and since the pro installer installed it up there in the first place, am I okay...
  14. A12548

Reducing Sprinklers in one zone

Thanks! I have 4 zones, and since I have city water, no well pump, but you make sense, and I will take your suggestion and tie the 2 residual heads into one of the other 3 zones and Ill take note of the capped closed zone for future options. Would you suggest just setting zero minutes on the...
  15. A12548

Reducing Sprinklers in one zone

I am having my backyard decked, currently I have a zone that has 5 heads along its line. After the renovation, I only need 2 of those heads to operate. Will it be too much pressure for just 2 heads? Currently its is fed with 1" pipe, will I make it worse if I reduce to 1/2"?
  16. A12548

Rising pressure help

So steet pressure of 73, with an expansion tank on heater should void a warranty?
  17. A12548

Rising pressure help

I just got told my warranty to replace a leaking tank will be denied because my pressure is 73 on an outside hose faucet , and I have an expansion tank to boot...and this is a major appliance store who sold and installed this
  18. A12548

Help with deciphering wiring colors for Spa Air Blower

My bad..my wife corrected my color blind tendacies..it is actually 2 different shades of green, not blue. Now I need to figure out the HP on that motor, because that force was just right. The label fell off years ago, and taking apart the motor yielded no numbers or stamps.
  19. A12548

Help with deciphering wiring colors for Spa Air Blower

My spa blower went bad, and shopping a replacement. From the photos I attached, it seems like its 120V and not 240V? (this one was wired back in 1987), I see the wire colors seem to be white/white, one is green/blue, and the other looks Red/Black. Now the colors may have faded a bit, but the...
  20. A12548

Laundry room gate valves messed up

Im getting a new washer/dryer soon, so i decided shut my gate valves and disconnect hoses. The cold water valve was stuck but i got it closed..the hot water valve shuts..but drips, and i attached a photo. The valve looks odd, not the typical nut like the others ive seen. It seems big. Can I just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks