Search results

1. The Pipe Rat

broken terra cotta ....

The pipe I was talking about is completly different. Yours has no bottom??
  2. The Pipe Rat

Replacing sewer line - connection to main

How deep is your sewer line? This can be very dangerous work if over about four feet deep. Not recommended for amatuers. If shallower than that you may have a go at it just be extremely careful of cave ins. The only way to replace the line with open cut methods is to cut the street if you need...
  3. The Pipe Rat

broken terra cotta ....

They make a rubber boot to go from CLAY PIPE (Terra Cotta?) to PVC. In our area it is called a Fernco coupling. It is a rubber boot with a SS clamp on each end.
  4. The Pipe Rat

installing a vessel (sink)

I would go with the clear silicone also.
  5. The Pipe Rat

Notice a speed increase?

New here Terry but speed seems fine.
  6. The Pipe Rat

Which Tub

I doubt if you will have a color Matching problem with white. You didn't mention if the toto was cast iron or not. If so I would go with a choice based on style and preference.
  7. The Pipe Rat

Pipe sizing

Go with the 3/4" for sure!!! Right on Gary!
  8. The Pipe Rat

Best type of pipe insulation

Trust me, go with the foam!!!! Just do a nice job on the installation.
  9. The Pipe Rat

Kenmore Water Heater Install

The dip tube should slide into the threads and still allow you enough room to install your "Heat trap" nipples.
  10. The Pipe Rat

Tub won't drain, other fixtures are fine...

Right on Jimbo!! You have a stopped up drain. Most likely in the waste and overflow fitting on the tub. Tear out the fixture to get a better look? Fire the Plumber.
  11. The Pipe Rat

Constant Drainage Sound in Wall

You say gurgling sound? My first thoughts after the water closet has been eliminated is a stopped up drain. But this shouldn't be a constant noise. Now i can agree if you listened through the roof vent you could easily hear running water from the main but I wouldn't interpret that as a gurgling...
  12. The Pipe Rat

Constant Drainage Sound in Wall

Have you lifted the lid of the toilet tank to check the ballcock (fill valve)?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks