Search results

1. PrescottGirl

Cavitation due to Check Valve Location?

And I do have a cheap compressor from Harbor Fr. I'll give it a try. I have a big shop vac too if trying to suck out the restriction is possible?
  2. PrescottGirl

Unfortunately, I'm in a small town where Home Depression or the blue store are about it. I'm going to leave work early and grab more supplies including guages and a valve for the discharge side tonight. So frustrating that this all started because I wanted to repair a TINY crack in the discharge...
  3. PrescottGirl

Reach4- Okay, I'll pick up a pressure guage tonight and have a neighbor come help. Valveman- Could that ball valve be a possible source of a restriction?
  4. PrescottGirl

I went ahead and pulled out the pump last night to inspect the impeller. With my untrained eye I don't see any damage, but there are a few spots on the venturi that appear to be nicks perhaps? Do these pics help to likely rule out the pump being the issue? I read that PVC ball valves are a...
  5. PrescottGirl

I think we have some progress made. I did as Valveman suggested and cleaned the nozzle via the plug below the suction inlet and the pump was able to prime. It's not building enough pressure to shut off, and there was still a faint sucking sound in the pump case as well as air still to be bled...
  6. PrescottGirl

Thank you everyone. I'll pull the cleaning plug and clean the nozzle. If that fails to help, If I understand everyone correctly, it's likely time for a new pump after locating any potential suction leaks? From all I have read, it seems this pump wouldn't be worth the cost & time of a $50 rebuild...
  7. PrescottGirl

I just went back out to the pump storage shed to be sure- but when the inlet ball valve is opened on the inlet, there does not seem to be a rush of head water from the large storage tank. In the morning I can post a pic of the location of the storage tank in relation to the pump storage shed to...
  8. PrescottGirl

Texas Wellman- The cistern is full as I just got my regular water delivery on Monday( the delivery truck was there as I left for work). Last night after work, I removed the check valve from the inlet and repiped with a straight run of pipe to the pump. I had a friend do the actual PVC plumbing...
  9. PrescottGirl

I'm sorry, I have a dumb question. When I cut the lower suction line below the ball valve, is that part of the pipe pressurized? If so, I assume there is another valve by the large storage tank that needs to be turned off?
  10. PrescottGirl

Valveman- thank you so much. I'm glad this 9 day nightmare is almost over. Off to the hardware store after work to grab what I need. HJ, I've been turning off the suction line valve after each failed attempt at priming. I didn't know if leaving it open would be a problem. Now I know. Thank...
  11. PrescottGirl

Thank God for this forum. I've been without water now for nearly 9 days...Help! I moved into this home last March. The home doesn't have a well but instead relies upon water truck deliveries to a 2,500 above ground storage tank. Thanks to this forum, I have learned that I have a sub-par/junkie...