Search results

1. Xenomorph

Can I pipe two bathroom fans to one roof vent?

The problem as I understand it is that if both fans are using the same duct and are both running at the same time, the fans will be less efficient and more noisy because it will be like installing a fan with a smaller duct that it was rated for. The fan(s) would have to work harder and would...
  2. Xenomorph

HELP! Manabloc/PEX Problem

I am in the process of installing a 36 port manaboc right now, and I know how easy it is to cross-thread one of the main ports since I almost did it myself! The problem is that the threads are plastic on the manabloc, and if you ruined them by completely cross-threading the entire thread on the...
  3. Xenomorph

Toilet Too Far From Wall

Wow, I would have thought that he would have explained the situation and cleared it with you before doing any work on that toilet rough-in. I can't say whether the install was done incorrectly without seeing pictures because maybe he was telling the truth that he could not install on the other...
  4. Xenomorph

SharkBite connectors

Good for you kordts!
  5. Xenomorph

Overexpansion of ProPex (Wirsbo/Uponor)

I think I know what your're talking about. I never liked the quick and easy system, and no one I have spoken with likes it either. I think you are asking if the Q&E joints are as good as crimp joints, I believe they are since if I remember correctly, I couldn't pull apart the Q&E joint while...
  6. Xenomorph

Am I going to have trouble with my trap?

I am BC, Canada. And the code book was just updated a few months ago, so it's current for my region. The weather is fairly mild all year round here, so that's why I was trying to get away without using a primer, but I just looked in the code book regarding floor drains and it says I should be...
  7. Xenomorph

My code book allows a 2" wet vent to serve 4 fixture units, and I am using a total of 4 for that line in my proposed drawing. Do you guys still think I should upsize? I guess I will take a look into priming that water heater trap, thanks for the info everyone!
  8. Xenomorph

I am kind of nervous about one small part of my plumbing design, my code book shows this installation to be ok, but it just doesn't look right to me for some reason. Will my water heater drain trap be affected by the draining of the washing machine? thx.
  9. Xenomorph

DWV expansion joints

Thx again HJ, you really cleared things up for me :)
  10. Xenomorph

Question about adding a drain

Your water supply lines are pressurized...you can splice into them as many times as you want. Yes there is a limit as to how far you can run a horizontal drain line even if you maintain correct slope...but you will have to check with local codes to determine what that limitation is. The...
  11. Xenomorph

DWV expansion joints

I am not familiar with using expansion joints, so I am hoping the more experienced plumbers here could enlighten me: 1) Are they used to guard against movement in the ground, roof, or both? 2) Where are they placed...at the bottom of a stack? 3) Should every stack have an expansion...
  12. Xenomorph

Water heater drain pan

Thx for the ideas Plumb or Die :)
  13. Xenomorph

Water heater drain pan

I am just wondering what you guys do to connect the vertical tailpiece/downspout to the galvanized water heater drain pan. The tailpiece is brass, but the pan is galvanized. Is it possible to solder the 2 together using acid flux and regular solder? thx.
  14. Xenomorph

How difficult is replacing this bathtub

1) normally these 1 to 3 piece units are just screwed into the wall studs, you may have to be persuasive to get it out and possibly cut it out since its only acrylic. 2) when you change the bathtub, you almost always have to replumb the drain
  15. Xenomorph

Concrete Demoliton Advice

I am trying to learn about doing concrete demolition the most efficient way, but am not having much luck finding reading material. I am interested in making small-medium sized holes, as well as occasionally making trenches. Should I go with a demoliton hammer? Or a full sized jackhammer? Or...
  16. Xenomorph

pressure relief valve

Yes that's pretty much all there is to it. If it's an old tank it might be "frozen" in there pretty good. Be sure to kill the juice to the tank and drop the water level in the tank below the valve before you start.
  17. Xenomorph

Making holes in cocrete backerboard

Hmm lots to think about, thx :)
  18. Xenomorph

Making holes in cocrete backerboard

I am curious as to how to make small holes for plumbing in concrete backerboard, I know you can score the hole and carefully bash it out, but is there an easier way? Is it possible to use a router with a carbide striaght bit or something along those lines? Thx.
  19. Xenomorph

Drop Elbow for shower bar rough in

wow that is above and beyond, thx alot for the info
  20. Xenomorph

Drop Elbow for shower bar rough in

There aren't any demensions for the depth of the drop elbow, here some specs of what I am talking about http://www.moen.com/shared/pdf/270sp.pdf thx for your time
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks