Search results

1. Dgamby

Misaligned toilet flange fiasco

Maybe not pvc. Sorry I don't know my pipes. It is white, is a little ragged where it was cut and definitely doesn't seem like metal. The diameter of that pipe does seem to be about 3 inches, so bigger than I thought. Also the offset from the left edge of the flange to the left edge of the pipe...
  2. Dgamby

Yeah, it is funny that it worked for as long as it has. I also installed a thicker wax ring with the extra funnel attached and I think that compounded the problem by providing even less rom for the waste to slide over to the side. It is cast iron to what seems to be a fairly narrow pvc (I...
  3. Dgamby

Yeah that is what I was coming here to try and figure out. I think it is time to call in the big guns and bring in a plumber. Thanks for the advice and direction.
  4. Dgamby

As far as I can tell your color coded markings are correct regarding what everything is. HJ, yes the wax ring is inside the flange. So given the situation, any recommendations on what I need to do to make the toilet workable again?
  5. Dgamby

I'm in Florida so no basement or crawl space. Just concrete foundation.
  6. Dgamby

Ok so I'm not crazy, it isn't a great system. So a closet flange should solve my problems? I was thinking a better offset flange might be helpful instead of this one that seems a little homemade. Or perhaps it is just time to call in the pros? DG
  7. Dgamby

Hello All, I had a delightful day trying to work on an old toilet in the house we just bought that was backing up every which way and creating a slight disaster. I eventually removed the toilet and found the clog. In doing so It looks like when this toilet was installed they did a crappy (no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks