Search results

1. Geo

How much length does ABS need to grip a closet bend

Thanks for everyone who helped! I did exactly what you said Grumpyplumber and it worked perfect. Cut about 1/2 inch off the flange and had about one inch left to glue. Dry fitted it and then wiggled it off and glued it and put it on and it met the floor perfectly. Then bolted it down with...
  2. Geo

How much length does ABS need to grip a closet bend

This is sort of related to my dry fitting a toilet flange question. If I need to cut off some of the toilet flange before sliding it over the closet bend, how much pipe length would still be OK for holding the flange to the closet bend? Would 1 inch be enough for the glue to hold the flange...
  3. Geo

Dry Fitting Flange......Too Tight...how?

First off, thanks for all of the help. My closet bend is a 4 inch ABS pipe not PVC. My flange is also ABS of course. One question I have is how much flange pipe needs to cover the closet bend? How much length does ABS need to get a good grip? 1/2"? 1 inch? I might cut off the...
  4. Geo

I can't build any fudge factor into it now as the floor is done and it is concrete. My worry is if I apply the glue and slide it on and it does not go all the way down then i am really screwed as the glue will harden and I an digging up the floor at that point. I have a spare closet bend...
  5. Geo

I am ready to set my toilet flange over the finished floor. I am putting a flange on that fits on the outside of the 4" closet bend. I want to dry fit it first to make sure it sits on the floor and slides all the way down. But it fits really tight and i am afraid it I dry fit it it...
  6. Geo

Ready to install flange but have question...

My basement bathroom toilet is almost ready to install. My closet bend is just a 1/8 inch above the cement basement floor. I have a flange that fits on the outside of the closet bend. I put a cardboard sleeve on the closet bend when I did the cement and i can dig it out now and the flange...
  7. Geo

Toilet bend Not 100% level?? Am I OK?

Thanks for all of your help before I even begin!! I am almost ready to cement in my pipes in my basement floor. My only worry is that I put the darn toilet bend in a little unlevel. In other words it is not 100% level to where the cement floor will be. I would say one side is about 1/4 inch...
  8. Geo

Making a sleeve for basement closet bend before cementing???

Thanks to all three! I have an inside flange too that I might use. It would be easier. I really appreciate your help!!
  9. Geo

Making a sleeve for basement closet bend before cementing???

I have my pipes all ready to cement into the floor. My closet bend is a 4 inch pipe that is flush with the floor. The flange will go on the outside of the 4 inch pipe and sit on the cement. When I cement in the hole how do I keep the cement away from the pipe so after it drys I can...
  10. Geo

New Closet Bend and Flange Question

First off, thank you for the forum help! It is so nice to have a place to go for answers. I am putting a new toilet in by basement under the slab of course. I am running it to a 3 inch ABS drain pipe. I have the cement broken up and have the hole all done and am ready to run the pipes. I...
  11. Geo

Cutting ABS Straight??

This weekend I am going to cut out a section of 3 inch underground ABS out of a hole I cut under my slab to insert a Wye. My question is is there any easy way to make sure I get a straight cut? If I don't get it 100% straight I don;t think the banded no-hubs I have will seal correctly since...
  12. Geo

No Hub Couplings really work?

I have read here that I can insert a wye in a current 3 inch ABS drain pipe under by basement floor by using two no hub couplings. (one on each side of the WYE with stub pieces) I guess the banded ones are better but I cannot find any banded ones locally, only the fernco ones. Where online can...
  13. Geo

How to insert a WYE under slab???

Thanks for the post!! I am not worried about it but just didn't know if I would have 15 seconds to work with it or 2 minutes before it would stop sliding. I like the slip joint solution better heard that it would start to bind before I could work with it.
  14. Geo

Thank you so much for your help. What brand would I look for for the ridged NO-Hub Band? I didn't see any at home depot so I need to find a plumbing supply in kansas city. Do you know a company that makes them?
  15. Geo

I am adding a toilet and sink in my basement. I have a permit and have cut up the slab and have located the 3 inch ABS drain pipe. I know how the pipes will flow and I have a vent pipe located. Everything is ready but.... I am not sure how to insert the 3 inch Wye into the existing 3inch ABS...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks