Search results

1. DIYer123

Dhw recirc check valve

I assume you by above you plan on running the pump on a timer at major use times ie something like 6 am to 7 am and 7 pm to 8 pm? or are you planning some other type of control? I ask because it seem like you want to re-circ to make sure the water is hot when you need it but you are worried on...
  2. DIYer123

Dhw recirc check valve

Below is what I would do assuming you have two branches. I would skip the circuit solver and just put a ball valve on the shorter run, but if you didn't want to adjust the system, the solvers are nice. What will happen is when the pump kicks on both solvers will be fully opne and teh moajoity of...
  3. DIYer123

Dhw recirc check valve

Do you need check valves? Do you want to prevent draining down stream of the check for service? Many people and even some engineers think check valves somehow ensure direction of flow but they are really only preventing back-flow. Only thing that ensures flow is a difference in pressure, all...
  4. DIYer123

Drilling 2x8 rough sawn joists for 3" DWV pipe for toilet drain

If it were me I would be looking to box out over welding, even if you have to triple up the three members of the box out it will be far less cost and effort then the welding. Adding the box out will make the plumbing easier to install and a cleaner run. As noted above if you have a blue print...
  5. DIYer123

Hot water circulation line pump question

As a last note if you want to just turn this on from time to time to clear the line then the 011 with the 3/4" return will give you a faster clear, somewhere a bit less than 1 minutes to get up to temp / replace the water volume. Curve attached. There is ~7.5 gals in the 300 ft of pipe but you...
  6. DIYer123

Hot water circulation line pump question

Recirc pumps are centrifugal and therefore run on a curve, the higher the flow the more resistance, the more resistance the less the flow. To say that a pump can pump 500 ft tells you nothing without the flow. If you really want to do this right you first figure out the heat loss in the pipe to...
  7. DIYer123

Drilling 2x8 rough sawn joists for 3" DWV pipe for toilet drain

I would doubt it rule of thumb is max middle third. so 8/3 = 2.66. Likely need to box out. What's the span of the joist and where approximately is the box out in the span, end third or middle third? Is there anything heavy on the span such as a tub? (note not just over the potential box out...
  8. DIYer123

Laundry Sink Drain Modification

Re Plumbing my laundry to move a sink over on a wall and there is a column between me and the old drain. However there is the shower drain from the second floor i can tie into. See diagram and confirm there is not issue assuming i run the vent back to the original as shown. (I can get over the...
  9. DIYer123

Double Vanity Venting

Looking at it I should probably just jog in and out for snaking from below the floor reasons as well.
  10. DIYer123

Double Vanity Venting

I believe I have the correct double fixture tee (not a double sanitary tee) I just need to understand if the vent branch rule applies here. I do not believe the 2" vent above the main bottom wye is required, I just did it to make it a littler more robust then jogging the stack in and out of the...
  11. DIYer123

Double Vanity Venting

I am in the process of remolding our main floor bathroom and I am re-plumbing the double vanity drains. The drain originally were plumbed into a 2" drain stack via two sanitary tees, one ontop of the other. The two 2" stack continues up and ties into the main vent above the ceiling in the attic...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks