Search results

1. jaynote1

Plumbing a Fridge

the green oxidation would be possible evidence of water(a seepage leak, or condensation).....do you have gas service to your house, and if so, what appliances? and what possible gas appliance could have been in the place that your fridge is in now?....I would suggest tracing the GAS and water...
  2. jaynote1

Warned on inspectors...

You must understand, coach, that the reason that the inspector "got out with stickers in hand" is that he has known the plumber for more than thirty years, has been through the mistakes the plumber has made, and knows that if 'this particular plumber' is doing the job, then its going to be done...
  3. jaynote1

Arrowhead BK1390, Non Standard Vacuum Breaker

how true, man.........your statement about the flappers both made me laugh and cry at the same time.....my boss, who has been plumbing since he was a boy(his father threaded pipe by hand) tells me the same things, and from HIS experience, i have to agree.....the best this guy can do is to cut it...
  4. jaynote1

Wow... a great education

hehehehee....... hopefully, i will be the one to advise you...i just compare the cost/time ratio of sweating 3/4 copper to crimping 3/4 pex and factor in the call-back cost/time ratio.......if im using pex, i dont have to worry about stocking 45s, street AND hub ells, etc......even tho its...
  5. jaynote1

Warned on inspectors...

Snap!.... well said,chevy, youre exactly right, they are municipal employees and should present themselves as such...im glad that you have such an agreeable inspector, i wish they were all like that....the inspector can be your 'best friend' when trying to get something like this done.......our...
  6. jaynote1

Double fixture fitting for toilets

good call, hj...i consulted my boss on this one, and his reply matched yours almost word for word...........
  7. jaynote1

Plumbing a Fridge

same here Jeff, looks like a gas line to me...............
  8. jaynote1

Warned on inspectors...

whats important.... there is a very important phrase in most code books that is often overlooked, but it makes all the difference in the world, and that phrase is, "up to the discretion of the inspector".....Building inspectors are like the IRS, in that their say is final and there is no venue...
  9. jaynote1

DWV rough in help

no, a wye and and a combination are two different things...the combination (3") will only have a 2" leg sweeping off...
  10. jaynote1

Wow... a great education

dang......... Hey man, we are not all illegal aliens.....some of us are eager apprentices trying to learn a trade the same way you did..the fact that we are using plastic instead of sweating copper isnt our fault, its what the spec calls for...and not only do i have the inspectors standing on...
  11. jaynote1

PEX / Copper

wow........ all socio-economic and political factors aside....as somewhat of a novice and merely an apprentice, i was astounded by the ascerbic comments directed at what i percieve to be a phenomenal, industry-changing dynamic...PEX is to plumbing what nylon was to the garment industry....I am...
  12. jaynote1

Shower head leak

hehehehee...... a large(48") pipe wrench can remedy the situation in a couple of seconds, just make sure the water is off at the meter first!....(just kidding, heheheee)....i swear i saw someone else with this problem somewhere else in the forum....
  13. jaynote1

OK to remove "backflow preventer"?

i hear you.... I certainly agree with Jimbo on this, while the prospects of backflow contamination are microscopic, the consequences and repercussions are monumental!!!...but is it a 'pressure' or 'volume' issue (they are two different things that a lot of people confuse)...reducing volume...
  14. jaynote1

alternate use of kitchen handheld sprayer

ok im just thinking here, so what if you use a regular two-handle tub/shower valve with a spout diverter, come off of the shower line and adapt a mip-to-1/4 fitting that a lot of sprayer hoses attach to.........then you could drill an appropriate size hole, use the sprayer escutcheon, and...
  15. jaynote1

Warned on inspectors...

had to reply to this one...... here in my town we have some pretty good guys in the plumbing inspections dept...but what they tell a homeowner is not the same thing that they tell a professional plumber, especially one who has known them since before they became inspectors...the company i work...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks