Search results

1. Alex Frost

New Boiler: Size, Brand, Fuel

Also, how can I figure out how many CFM's woud each room require? I know that is the BTU requirement per room but can't figure out how to come up with CFM's.
  2. Alex Frost

Does it make sense to make air registers same size as ducts and use louvers to control the air flow?
  3. Alex Frost

Dana, are you saying I should select register size that meets 6" duct air flow even if would chose 7" duct or are you saying that my registers output would need to match output of the duct?
  4. Alex Frost

So if the price is not a driver I can get 18K one and still not worry about cycling...that's good. If this was your house and you were putting this unit what duct size you would use? I was thinking to start with 10" round take off and branch of 7" round duct to each bedroom. It would be short...
  5. Alex Frost

That’s what I told them. What difference does it make whether you are pushing the air thru 3 smaller vs one large duct/opening? I mean I understand there is little bit of the air loss, but not to the extent that room temperature would suffer. I will also add manual in-line dampers to control the...
  6. Alex Frost

Dana, I think the Hydrostat unit might be bad. I am getting replacement tomorrow, so I shall see the results. Regarding the 12RLFCD (concealed duct) unit, I have contacted local distributor (they have duct/sheet metal shop) and spoke with their HVAC/Duct Designer and he told me these units are...
  7. Alex Frost

It's about 6 inches give or take of piping. Why does it matter if cold water gets in once I fill my cup with hot water?
  8. Alex Frost

Would the red valve in the attached picture be the place to drain some water to measure the temperature of the water as you suggested? Is it safe to drain water from here?
  9. Alex Frost

Wow, I can't believe that temperature would drop 50F just as standby loss in that short period of time. I didn't put thermally conductive compound as manufacturer recommended not to put it in. Also, that would only help get the reading and temperature higher. Note, that Hydrostat reading is...
  10. Alex Frost

I have installed Hydrostat 3250 Plus, which I really like based on what it suppose to be doing and how easy was to install. However, I noticed the the "new" temperature gauge on my boiler reads different temperature than the LED display on Hydrostat. It's off by about 20F..give or take. also...
  11. Alex Frost

Dana, we already went thru total radiation and total number of zones in earlier threads. There is something wrong with triple aquastat I have. We changed the boiler temperature gauge as I thought that might have been part of the problem, but now I still have the same issue. The temperature is...
  12. Alex Frost

Dana, You are rigth, my boiler is cycling like crazy. It won't let the temperature drop much below set high limit before the burner kicks in. Would I be ok putting return air grille in one of the bedrooms (the largest one)?Most of the time the bedrooms would be open except during the night to...
  13. Alex Frost

What kind of aquastat would you recommend for this purpose. Like single high limit aquastat? Any potential condensation issues as result of cold start? Below is the excerpt from manufacturer manual about running it as cold start and they recommend some sort of modification to avoid...
  14. Alex Frost

I do not have domestic water tied to my boiler. I have separate heat pump water heater.
  15. Alex Frost

Is it recommended to keep low temperature at 140F? I guess it would probably never reach this low before the burner kicks in on thermostat call.
  16. Alex Frost

Dana, I am researching installation option for 12RLFCD and I was thinking to use it for our 3 bedrooms and basement (which would only used occasionally and much lower temperature about 60-65F). I would put unit in the basement and run the ducts thru the floor to each bedroom and one duct in...
  17. Alex Frost

Hi, Can someone explain or clarify how Honeywell L8124 Triple Aquastat should work. Here is my view: Current setting: Hi Limit set to 180F. Low limit set to 160F with differential set at 20F. If there is no call for heat the boiler temperature would drop to 160F before burner would fire...
  18. Alex Frost

Does anyone know how can I determine if my boiler is what is called "cold start" boiler? Also, is it good practice to let the boiler cool down completely if there is no for heat in that time frame?
  19. Alex Frost

I am not an expert but this the data and the calculation I have used. Even my oil consumption history over 4 years supported it which made me feel comfortable with the results. See attached file.
  20. Alex Frost

Dana, Thank you for clarifying my options and I wish there was natural gas on the street, but no plans for Liberty Utilities to do so, however they quoted me in the $45,000 range to do so like I would not have better use for that money..lol. Back to 9 or 12 RLFCD unit. I am thinking to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks