Search results

1. newowner

Please share if your trim pieces have silicone, Polyseamseal, or nothing?

cacher_chick, the instructions on page 6 of this link: https://media.deltafaucet.com/MandI/76652 Rev F.pdf say "For models T17053, T17253, T17453, T17067, T17267 & T17467: Install bracket (5) over the cartridge body using the 2 screws provided (6). Install escutcheon (7) by placing it over the...
  2. newowner

Anyone else use any type of caulk around the diverter escutcheon/trim piece, even if it is supposed to have a gasket? Anyone else caulk around their tub spout or shower arm flange/trim piece in a combination tub/shower? Terry, please see post #3
  3. newowner

Toto was grouted to my tile-cover grout with Loctite Polyseamseal or silicone?

Jadnashua, so which choice from post #6 do you pick?
  4. newowner

Whoops, sorry to be confusing. The grout is already there. So the choices are: 1. Ask him to put polyseamseal on top of the grout as long as it will adhere to the grout 2. Ask him to remove the grout first, then put the polyseamseal around the base 3. Leave the grout there (grout is Mapei...
  5. newowner

Caulking toilet base

Wow, Terry, great video! Your son made carrying the toilet look so easy-no way am I trying that! I have a question about the part where Jamie caulks the bowl. I noticed he seemed to make the area damp first, then applied the caulk. I thought the area around the base had to be totally dry so...
  6. newowner

I am in the middle of another bathroom remodel, and I had planned for my Toto Drake to be reinstalled after the floor was tiled and then thought I would have the base caulked with Loctite Polyseamseal 2 in 1 Tub and Tile. Well, when I asked the tiler about putting the Polyseamseal around the...
  7. newowner

Terry, would you: 1. Put the Loctite Polyseamseal all around the trim for the shower arm (there is no hole at the bottom) or would you leave some of the bottom of the shower trim open in case water got through the Polyseamseal at the top? And also put it all around the tub spout except for...
  8. newowner

2 years ago the contractor who remodeled our master bath put Loctite Polyseamseal (a siliconized acrylic caulk) around the trim piece that covers the shower diverter (but left the little whole at the bottom open) and around the trim piece that covers where the shower arm meets the wall. Now we...
  9. newowner

Which Kohler Archer drain do you prefer?

I was planning on purchasing a 60" x 30" Kohler Archer tub (K1946-LA-O). There are two options for the slotted overflow bath drain, brass (K7271) or PVC (K7272). Which drain do you prefer and why? The owner of the remodel business I am going to use said he prefers PVC, but his construction...
  10. newowner

Toilet Water Supply Line Issue

How often do you recommend?
  11. newowner

Neorest® 700H MS992CUMFG Dual Flush Toilet, 1.0 & 0.8 GPF

My first thought when I read the original post was that this was overkill for a toilet. But then I realized there are probably people with mobility issues or health issues like rheumatoid arthritis that actually need a remote to lift the lid. So no judgement here, but I did get a chuckle out...
  12. newowner

I just clicked on the link posted by Terry and this toilet has a 67 page owner's manual!
  13. newowner

Remote control for a toilet? Oh, wait, that is for the washlet. Hmm, I wonder how popular this toilet will be in the United States?
  14. newowner

Can I put an EcoDrake tank on top of Drake Bowl?

Update: My husband re-installed the tank and it still leaked so his verdict was a hairline crack. I determined that I have the older 1.6gpf bowl so I purchased a new 1.6 gpf tank (ST743S). He installed it and all is fine. Thank you, wjcandee, Wallijonn, and Gary Swart for such helpful...
  15. newowner

Can I put an EcoDrake tank on top of Drake Bowl?

Tonight my husband thinks he cracked the tank of our Drake (1.6 gpf, standard height, elongated sanigloss bowl). The tank has been feeling a bit wobbly when I flush it. So he tightened the bolts attaching the tank to the bowl and now it leaks. He can't actually see a crack but he sees...
  16. newowner

What seat do you have on your Eco Drake/Drake/Drake II?

wjcandee, thanks for pointing out where the spacers touch. The Sta-Tite Fastening System sounds great. Wallijonn, I just bought the nonADA Eco Drake. That is helpful information about the width difference, JMac. Exclusive to the orange store is a Bemis Just Lift seat where you just have to...
  17. newowner

Is a slip on tub spout better than a threaded one?

I currently have a slip on tub spout but I am changing all of my fixtures to brushed nickel. Is the slip on spout style the most leakproof?
  18. newowner

Do you like the Sioux Chief Smart Spout?

It used to be called the Smart Tug Tub Spout. It is a slip on Tub spout that has a plastic disc that it is supposed to eliminate the need to caulk around the spout where it meets the wall. The description makes it sound like it is an all-metal tub spout. Has anyone used this before?
  19. newowner

What seat do you have on your Eco Drake/Drake/Drake II?

wjcandee, do your Mayfair seats have the Sta-Tite Fastening System and if so, do you like it? When you twist the plastic hinges to unlock for cleaning have they ever broken off?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks