Search results

1. xd2005

Moving sanitary sewer main during house remodel

Where will your fixtures be in the house? Would it make more sense for you to go to the right and enter the house from the backside?
  2. xd2005

Bath volume

Yeah, we're on the same page.
  3. xd2005

Bath volume

Sorry for confusion. We're talking where the entire valve screws into the diverter body.
  4. xd2005

Bath volume

It looks like the stem, btw, is 10I-10D.
  5. xd2005

Bath volume

I had a chance to dig into this today. The leak is actually coming from the diverter stem where it screws into the body. I purchased the rebuild kit and we have replaced the diverter stem washer and plastic bonnet with the two plastic washers provided in the kit (as well as replacing the other...
  6. xd2005

Bath volume

Was able to get under the house with the Mrs.' help in diagnosing. Two items: sure enough, it's galvanized between diverter and spout. Second, it's also leaking. Fun project in the future. Fortunately, it backs up to a closet so I have room to cut out the backside to work.
  7. xd2005

Bath volume

Cold only - 2:50 Cold + hot - 2:50 Cold shower - 1:50
  8. xd2005

Bath volume

I can follow the entire pipe and all is copper. It starts as 3/4, but for some reason they switched to 1/2 at some point. I'll time a bucket momentarily.
  9. xd2005

Bath volume

I recently purchased a mid-60''s vintage home. The bath/shower has a three handle valve. I'very noticed the tub seems to have very little water volume. Furthermore, if I turn hot on all the way, I do not seem to see an increase in volume when turning on the cold as well. The shower seems to...
  10. xd2005

New Exterior Wall - No existing anchor bolts

Sorry I went a little AWOL on this. As for what's kept it in place thus far? Is luck a good enough answer? Looking at the sill plate, it looks like there's a bit of rot occurring, as well as insect damage, so I will need to replace the whole thing. The reason I need to add them now is that...
  11. xd2005

R-38...how thin can you get

No problem. I will be in the walls, and probably in the upper ceiling area, but the roof area where I only have the width of the rafters will need to be more compressed.
  12. xd2005

That chart looks to be for fiberglass insulation. Their assumptions are based on foam-type insulation, such as Thermasheath 3 (link to data below). http://www.rmaxinc.com/downloads/DataSheets/Thermasheath%203%20%284%20Pages%29.pdf
  13. xd2005

New Exterior Wall - No existing anchor bolts

As I mentioned in another post, I am in the process of converting approximately half of a 14'x20' detached garage into living space. The garage is old (according to the county website, it was built at the same time as my house - 1924) and is built with 2x4 framing (rough cut, actual size). The...
  14. xd2005

Well, talked with the plans inspector. They agreed to allow R-30 in the space, but still require eave ventilation.
  15. xd2005

Washington state. Thanks, I'll look at unvented roof assemblies. Unfortunately, 2" in this situation is a pretty big deal for me. The entrance door needs to be on the side and the sides, with 2x6, will only be approximately 80" tall. I think 78" would be pushing it for wall height.
  16. xd2005

I guess I figured there would be at least some air echange going on with the gable vent and roof vents. With that, I figured if the rafter area got hot, that air would be pulled upwards, while cooler air coming in would settle down to replace it. I didn't say I was right, just what I was...
  17. xd2005

I just received my permit from the city on a partial garage conversion to living space. The garage is not ideal for this type of thing, but I've been working through the various issues and had everything nailed down (thus the permit). I have 2x4 rafters, which I will be sistering with 2x6...
  18. xd2005

Faucet Help

The mark you see on the pipe near where it is leaking is further up the pipe, so it does not appear to be the cause. As for how I got out the o-ring, I didn't do anything special, it just came out when I fit my pinky into the end of the pipe.
  19. xd2005

Faucet Help

I have a Price Pfister faucet - 26 Series Marielle Collection. Against my better judgment today I took the hose off the diverter T that comes from the control valve. Now, after putting it back on, the thing leaks and I can't for the life of me get it to stop (it did not leak prior to this). It...
  20. xd2005

Replacing water line from meter to house...

How old is your meter? I live just to your north in Vancouver and replaced my supply line a couple years back. The City also replaced my meter (it was old and they had to come out to turn it off because it was rusted open and decided to replace it). At the same time, they replaced the box...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks