Search results

1. Tally Wacher

Issues with Closet Flange on lead bend

I'm going to seal that gap from the inside of the pipe/flange junction. I think that this was the cause of the sewer gases escaping into the bathroom. I'm surprised that there was no leak. As far as the shimming, I plan to dry fit the toilet and shim with composite shims, remove the toilet...
  2. Tally Wacher

Issues with Closet Flange on lead bend

Gentlemen, I've been having issues with sewer gases emanating from a toilet. Some poking around found that the gases were coming from the bottom. The toilet is a Toto not sure what model but it is a 1.6l flush. Removed the toilet and found that the flange is crooked and there is a gap in the...
  3. Tally Wacher

PEX pipe to replace galvanized

Kill two birds...blow in insulation. I wrapped my PEX pipes and blew in cellulose to about r40, but then again I'm in Houston.
  4. Tally Wacher

Who Rents ProPex Expander Tools in the Seattle - Bellingham Area?

Buy one off ebay. After you are done sell it on ebay, you will be able to recoup most if not all of your money back.
  5. Tally Wacher

What is the Best PEX System Out There (to put in an attic)?

I believe that you can use the expansion system on the Viega manabloc. Uponor has its own modular manifols that you can put together. It comes in 3 and 4 valve sections. It also allows you to custom configure the inlet and outlet sizes. Personally, I'd go with the Uponor system, but it is...
  6. Tally Wacher

No, those have inlet/outlet that are too big for my residential application. I ran a 3/4 supply with 1/2 drops. I used these: http://www.supplyhouse.com/EP-Multi-Port-Tees-485000 Pick your poison (your application needs). I used the flow through multiports on the hot side as I ran a loop. On...
  7. Tally Wacher

I went with copper stub-outs with ears as well. I was contemplating a manifold, but used what Uponor calls multiport tees of the individual zones so that I could run a dedicated hot water return line. Used to wait 5+ minutes for hot water, now it is about 30-45 seconds after I press the...
  8. Tally Wacher

I'd go with Uponor. Just finished my total repipe with EP fittings, not one leak. I would think the general consensus is Pex A is the one to go with if you are not doing copper.
  9. Tally Wacher

Terrible lime/scale clogging

The system is cheap. Installs on the inlet to the water heater. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aqua-Pure-AP430SS-Hot-Water-Filter-System-3-4-NEW-Fast-Free-Ship-/262273083316?hash=item3d10b1a7b4:g:n~kAAOSwGotWsQFy
  10. Tally Wacher

Terrible lime/scale clogging

Have you tried adding an anti-scale system, like the one from aqua-pure? You might want to get your water tested as the aqua-pure system can only handle so much.
  11. Tally Wacher

Pull-stop-box PEX stubout: Is it any good ?

Looks like a nice design. There are a total of 4 O rings, one being in the box. Says they have a 5 year warranty. Seems very easy to maintain/replace O rings. Before I mess with things I usually look it up on the net. There are some nice Youtube videos on the box. Would be excellent for...
  12. Tally Wacher

Cutting drywall for repipe

So what is the general consensus on how to make drywall cuts to stub out at toilet and under sinks when repiping? Would you make the cut to include the old stub out (below), exclude (above), or cutting to the middle of the exit hole on the piece of drywall that you are removing? If I'm using...
  13. Tally Wacher

2012 UPC 507.3

I read a UPC cheat sheet at HD this afternoon and the WH, if it is on the ground, should be on concrete that is 3" minimum. I guess when they wrote ground, they really mean the ground and not a finished floor/tile etc.
  14. Tally Wacher

2012 UPC 507.3

507.3 Ground Support. A water heater supported from the ground shall rest on level concrete or other approved base extending not less than 3 inches (76 mm) above the adjoining ground level. So if my water heater is in my utility room on the floor, it should be raised at least 3 inches of the...
  15. Tally Wacher

Re-plumb project thread.

I'm in the same boat. From what I understand 1/2" to the hot fixtures is what you want to lessen wait times. I'll be going with the plastic or EP fittings as much as I can. As far as the turns, it is about 6-8 inches.
  16. Tally Wacher

Questions about PEX repipe project

I don't have much choice because of the layout, but the manifold would have to be close to the water heater. I could run two lavs of one 1/2" line to the baths and that washer and half bath. Running a recirc from the manifold would work if I used sub manifolds. I would run a 3/4" from water...
  17. Tally Wacher

Did you insulate both hot and cold lines? Did you use pex with pre-installed insulation? I have an old under the lav recirc pump I got from costco. I could probably use that on the return line to pump the hot water back to the cold side at the water heater or under the furthest lav. This is...
  18. Tally Wacher

I'm in Houston and in the summer my cold water is very hot. I would home run the hot water lines and trunk and branch the cold water lines due where the water comes into the house and location of the water heater. I have thought about insulating the cold water lines to help with condensation...
  19. Tally Wacher

Supply to Water Heater - After House Feeds OK?

Not really sure how to describe my setup but it is close to a 3 bath (2 full bath, 2 half baths), would 3/4" to and from water heater with 1/2" drops or 1/2" home run for hot suffice?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks