Search results

1. Greenmonster123

Ever seen this drive before?

This was installed at a site I am working. It is for an irrigation well. I have never seen one of these before.
  2. Greenmonster123

2 Franklin utility drives on one irrigation main.

I have inherited an irrigation system project that is not complete. I have not seen it run because it has been winterized. There are two 1.5 hp 25 gpm Franklin Utilty drives feeding a looped mainline. I am curious how I can expect these two pumps to behave while plumbed together. I have...
  3. Greenmonster123

CSV 3B vs CSV 3A

@valveman I ordered a CSV 3B but received a CSV 3A. I called to ask if it was sent by mistake and was told it is an updated part number. Upon further inspection I noticed that the valve no longer has a slotted seat but now has a slotted diaphragm. What was the reason for this change?
  4. Greenmonster123

2 CSVs

I am designing an irrigation system that will be fed by two wells into the same main line. I want to install a CSV on each well set at staggered pressures with staggered pressure switches. I have done this in the past with wells that were close together and entered the main at the same place...
  5. Greenmonster123

Static water level?

Will rising static level push water through the check valve at the top of submersible pump if there is space in the drop pipe and or lateral line?
  6. Greenmonster123

Franklin Utility Drive?

Hi all, I am biding a new irrigation system for a new construction project. The landscape architect requested variable speed pump with capacity of 30 gpm. So I called my driller and he wants to install a Frankilin Utility Drive on a 1.5 hp 25 gpm pump. I have no experience with these but am...
  7. Greenmonster123

Low well pressure

So my brother sent me this video from his nursery. I am 5 hrs from there so details are sparse. He first tried to pressurize the tank but it was fluctuating. He thought the CSV was causing the issue so I told him to take the plug out of the tee before the CSV to see if it would surge to rule...
  8. Greenmonster123

Down hole drain?

Are there any purpose built valves that can drain the lateral back into the casing that can be actuated from the surface?
  9. Greenmonster123

Rust from low producing well

Hi, I have a old well at my vacation cabin project that will produce cloudy rusty water. It is a 6” steel casing into rock, not sure how deep but the pump hangs at 100’. It has a high static level and sometimes even overflows the casing. It also is a low producing well which I have roughly...
  10. Greenmonster123

How to clean out well?

what is the best way to clean out a well that has had leaves and crap fall into it while the cap was missing?
  11. Greenmonster123

Advice on old well

I am looking at a rural Propert to buy in upstate ny. The lot once had a double wide trailer on it but that has been removed. There is an existing well ont the property with a pump in it. There is no control box or anything to give me an idea of what is down the hole. Also the well cap has...
  12. Greenmonster123

Breaking free rusted pipes

Hey all I need to remove the tee in the picture. I anticipate it being a challenge. I have a oxy/act torch, large pipe wrenches, length of 3" steel pipe for cheater bar, and an mini excavator. Does anyone have any tricks for freeing these connections up? I had one guy tell me to get it red...
  13. Greenmonster123

2 pump 2 csv tank setting

I have an irrigation system with two pumps serving the same mainline both have CSVs one pump has 60-80 switch CSV set at 70 the other has 50-70 switch with CSV set at 60. What would the optimal pressure be for the shared tank?
  14. Greenmonster123

Running pump in reverse?

i am hoping one of you guys can tell me what happened to this pump I was working on today. I went to start up an irrigation system today that I winterized last fall so it has been off for about 4-5 months. The 5hp 75 gpm pump tripped the reset as soon as I hit the disconnect on. I put my amp...
  15. Greenmonster123

Submersible pump in cistern.

I need to have a 10,000 gallon cistern installed for an irrigation system. Water will be delivered via tractor trailer. I want to use a submersible pump but I have never installed one in a tank. Can I lay it on its side in the bottom of the tank? I have heard of flow inducing sleeves, does...
  16. Greenmonster123

Wire size fact check

what size pump wire would you say for 25 hp, 3 phase, 220v, 160' deep, 10, from control box?
  17. Greenmonster123

Irrigation system with 25 HP build

just finished this install. it is for a farm that will run a rain reel and drip irrigation. it also has a fire department connection
  18. Greenmonster123

NGWA and IA show Las Vegas

Anyone here going to the show?
  19. Greenmonster123

Dual CSV

did this project this spring. 10 acre estate with two wells serving the irrigation system. A 5 hp and 3 hp together making 130 gpm give or take.
  20. Greenmonster123

Waterproof pressure switch

Does anyone know of a waterproof pressure switch that could be used in a valve box?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks