Search results

1. Greenmonster123

Ever seen this drive before?

Yes I know it’s a vfd and yes it is already giving trouble and I haven't even hooked up any irrigation yet
  2. Greenmonster123

Ever seen this drive before?

This was installed at a site I am working. It is for an irrigation well. I have never seen one of these before.
  3. Greenmonster123

Drainback system - air-over-water or diaphragm pressure tank?

Yes it has a rod on it I put it on right after picture was taken. It has been in the well for 2 years now.
  4. Greenmonster123

I installed a valve in the casing with a rod up to just under the cap. This way I’m the warmer months I can close the valve and not have to worry about any air getting in.
  5. Greenmonster123

This is the valve I found for my cabin system that has a similar issue. I haven’t installed it yet though https://www.flomatic.com/valves/air-release-vacuum-valves/clean-water/comboair/
  6. Greenmonster123

2 Franklin utility drives on one irrigation main.

Thanks. If the well head was plumbed a little better with a union I would just do it without even asking and add a couple extra heads to the bill to cover the cost but it will require a bit of work to get a CSV in there.
  7. Greenmonster123

No zone is bigger than 25 but need to be able to run 2 at once
  8. Greenmonster123

I have inherited an irrigation system project that is not complete. I have not seen it run because it has been winterized. There are two 1.5 hp 25 gpm Franklin Utilty drives feeding a looped mainline. I am curious how I can expect these two pumps to behave while plumbed together. I have...
  9. Greenmonster123

Irrigation pump on but no water

What type of pump is it? Centrifugal or submersible?
  10. Greenmonster123

PVC fitting crack

PVC male adapters are very weak fittings, I avoid them whenever I can. I use such 80 toe nipples in their place.
  11. Greenmonster123

Finding a well from 1971

If you can get your hands on a wire locator/toner you can use it to locate plastic pipes by sending and electricians snake into the pipe as far as it will go then connect the locator to the snake and trace it.
  12. Greenmonster123

Flow Inducer Sleeve

Where is this friction loss created? As the water goes around the motor to reach the intake? I ask because in my area 4” pvc wells are the norm. I have many 5 hp 90 gpm pumps in 4” casing with out issue.
  13. Greenmonster123

New CSV install

What are all of those tees for between the well and filter
  14. Greenmonster123

CSV 3B vs CSV 3A

Thanks. 90 gpm 12’ pumping level
  15. Greenmonster123

CSV 3B vs CSV 3A

Good to know you spent all that money for a little sticker. Got it installed last week.
  16. Greenmonster123

CSV 3B vs CSV 3A

Thank you for the explanation. I am happy to hear about decreased pressure loss!
  17. Greenmonster123

CSV 3B vs CSV 3A

@valveman I ordered a CSV 3B but received a CSV 3A. I called to ask if it was sent by mistake and was told it is an updated part number. Upon further inspection I noticed that the valve no longer has a slotted seat but now has a slotted diaphragm. What was the reason for this change?
  18. Greenmonster123

Rust removal for irrigation

How quickly do the stains appear on the hardscape and such?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks