Search results

1. davidwater

Recommended well water setup

Thank you Ditto that was informative. If I understand what has been said.... 12" 2 cuft Carbon Tank for chlorine filtering the SFR of chlorine clean water will = 10+ gpm (far exceeding most house holds) and I'll need the backwash rate of at least 7 gpm to clean it. Will a 1 cuft Tank be more...
  2. davidwater

Yes, thank for the confirmation. So the carbon filter it the hold up in this series of tools?
  3. davidwater

What size of carbon filter are you using?
  4. davidwater

I was told today that in a WS of 10" or smaller don't need gravel in the bottom. Just the larger ones to prevent channels. Does that sound reasonable?
  5. davidwater

Correct I meant a functional "choke point" not physical. Yes I spent some time on your tables and that is when I realized that the carbon filter will be functionally the slowest point. My pump can deliver > 15 gpm so the backwash is not the restriction at the typical sizes. I'm currently...
  6. davidwater

So if I want to come close to 13 gpm SFR is seems that the carbon filter is going to be the choke point of a typical setup.
  7. davidwater

I thought that I read that was what Gary recommended to remove chlorine but I may be mistaken.
  8. davidwater

How do I size the carbon filter after the chlorine?
  9. davidwater

What seems odd? Using chlorine and not a Fe filter? But correct this is the system I'm planning to install. Currently it is just the pump and storage tank with nothing else. From what I have read using chlorine is an efficient way to get rid of Fe, S and the smell while killing all bugs no...
  10. davidwater

When I run Gary's calculator for sizing a WS using different usages it seems that the 2.0 cuft unit at 3 lbs / ft is as efficient as it gets at around 4260 grains of capacity / lb of salt. Does this seem like a legit assessment? Why can't I just get a 2.0 cuft unit, load it to 3 lbs/ft and...
  11. davidwater

Mikey, I don't understand. Are you just stating for my info or are you suggesting I'm doing that? the "storage tank" has the bladder (for now) and just after the cycle stop valve and from what I understand at "the beginning" of the line. Is this wrong? Can I remove the bladder from the...
  12. davidwater

I think that is just what makes the most sense right now. pump > CSV > storaage tank > chlorine pellets > retention tank > Centaur backflow filter > WS > house I don't see the upside of Katalox filter over chlorine when I still have the bacteria and potential smell.
  13. davidwater

I should of said IRB and SRB. I hate the smell. That's what promoted me to test.
  14. davidwater

Thanks for all the input. Let me add another twist in that my IRB testing just showed + So now it seems wise to use chlorine and retention tank instead of iron filtering, correct?
  15. davidwater

Are these water testing devices worth the time to use? HM Digital TDS-EZ Water Quality TDS Tester Hach 223002 Chlorine, Hardness, Iron, and pH Test Kit, Model CN-39WR
  16. davidwater

I have read about a set up with a Katalox tank to back wash after a 15 psi drop is noted between the inlet and outlet of the filter tank. Is using a pressure drop a the best marker for needing a back wash? I thought I would start without a chemical additive to the Katalox and see what my...
  17. davidwater

You mean to add it in the plumbing set up so I have an access point for softened water in pump house? Good idea, thanks. Seems like a good idea to have that info available and gives me future options with the valve, if not too expensive. I see the 7000 SXT for around $300 and seems like from...
  18. davidwater

What are the best test kits for home use to monitor this system? Hach? but which level?
  19. davidwater

This is where I'm currently settling... please tear me apart. Iron filter: I'll likely have to have it built since I can't find a pre-made system. Fleck 7000 on demand regenerated 2 cubic foot 12" x 52" with 100% Katalox Light, including a 2310 float controlled system with a 15" x 17" x 36"...
  20. davidwater

What is your opinion of FILTERSORB® SP3
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks