Search results

1. I26

Bathroom sink shutoff valve leak

I installed a new vanity and fixture, the hot water valve is leaking where it threads to the pipe out of the wall. It is a 3/8" connection. I wrapped the threads in teflon tape, but it still leaks very slowly. I noticed there was no gasket of any sort in either shutoff valve I purchased. Is...
  2. I26

Honeywell WiFi Thermostat install help

I have an older Honeywell thermostat (approx. 6 yrs. old) that I tried to replace with a new Honeywell RTH8580WF model. My current HVAC system is approx 6 yrs old as well (Lennox Signature Series). The current thermostat has a wire going to G, C, R, W1, W2, O. I was using the Alternate wiring...
  3. I26

Installing Overhead light, have question.

I am installing an overhead light in a bedroom that has a switch already but runs an outlet which I took care of to free up the switch. I am trying to pull power from an outlet but they all seem to have to sets of wires coming into them. Can I just tie into one of the wires up in the crawl space...
  4. I26

Outdoor Douglas Fir, need help with...

I used Douglas Fir to build a playset. I was told by alot of folks that if I treat it with a good wood preservative it should last a long time. You must remember this is not treated Douglas Fir. I used Olympic Tinted Sealer to seal it and it looked great for a few months and now its getting gray...
  5. I26

Plumbing for toilet valve...

I needed to change out the tank components. I could not shut off the water since the valve seal was shot. I picked up a new valve and tried to use the old compressing ring hoping it would seal. Well over time it must drip. I would like to cut off the pipe behind the compression ring to install a...
  6. I26

Question on toilet vent...

The main drain in my house is located in the laundry room & comes down from the top floor to the basement, and into the foundation. A few years after moving in my wife noticed a straight pipe about 1-1/2" diameter x 18" coupled into the main line which is quite bigger. She once seen something...
  7. I26

Safe Pressure Treated Lumber...

I havebeen learning of the really harmful effects of Pressure treated wood containing CCA, (aka. arsenic). It is said to last over 20 years and absorbs easily into a childs skin. So where might one buy wood that is safe? I heard of some called ACQ pressure treated pine but am not sure where to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks