Search results

1. kat-diy

Confused about tub spout install

Yes, makes sense to me! Thanks Jeff! I dont know if I'll get one for this project, but I think I may get one for my husband for his birthday. Seems we are always in need of a threaded pipe!
  2. kat-diy

Just curious, do these things work? Oops, just tried to link to an **** auction and see that I cant do that. Its item number 230009031804 on **** and I'd really love to know if these things work or other opinions about them. LOL, I see the word is even censored. You know, that BIG auction...
  3. kat-diy

Thank you. My husband was shocked to hear that HD couldn't do this, because he was sure he'd had it done there before. So this adds up to what he thought. We're trying to avoid the plumbing supply places simply because they aren't open on Saturdays and it could be a month of Sundays before we...
  4. kat-diy

Thank you Bob and Jim for the additional info, much appreciated! It will be a big help. :)
  5. kat-diy

The spout thread doesn't even touch the 6 inch pipe, so I can't even start to screw it on. Its a Price Pfister and it says between 3 7/8" and 4 1/4 " from the finished wall and a 6 inch pipe is at 3 1/2 before being snugged into the wall. So, I came up with 6 5/8 which was also confirmed when I...
  6. kat-diy

Hello Jim, thanks for the reply. Would the copper be strong enough if it has two threaded fittings soldered onto each end? And I saw in another post where they suggested adding a coupling and doing two smaller pieces together, could that be done with brass?
  7. kat-diy

Hi all you helpful people! :) Got another question for you. I went to Lowe's today to get a spout nipple only to find out that the special size I need can't be cut by them or other such stores. So I came here to read and discovered that what I was trying to do wasn't right anyway. (We were...
  8. kat-diy

From bad to worse, more remodel woes

This house was custom built for a doctor back in the 60's.... this is the original plumbing. Maybe it wasnt a good plumber who did this plumbing, but it was a plumber. I think we're going with Mark's advice, wait and see. Yeah, I like that, I think that's what we will do. :D We're in Indiana...
  9. kat-diy

Can't blame the HD guys for the T's, although I guess the guy was looking over our shoulder when we put it together. We didnt know there was a diff. The compression fitting and the drum trap are both from the advice of HD. As far as the "design" we simply copied what was already there. We...
  10. kat-diy

Cass, shouldn't the plug on the trap be at the bottom? Are you saying it should be on the top? Yeah, can see what you mean about the Y, we just duplicated what was already there. As far as where we cut the galvanized pipe, it goes about 8 more inches to the left and we cut it there because there...
  11. kat-diy

I absolutely agree with you. I was not trying to be argumentitive and I know you guys are right. But my point was, the drum trap was already installed before anyone said anything about it being illegal or not used anymore. So at that point I was simply mentioning what I thought (as a novice)...
  12. kat-diy

I'm confused...... you dont really have to take it apart, you just unscrew the bottom and clean it out. I'm not arguing your point because I do understand what you are saying, but I dont see it as such a big deal to clean. My husband says he thinks this will actually be easier and more...
  13. kat-diy

Well that really sucks cuz we're finished and we used the drum trap. Don't understand why it would be hard to clean, it just unscrews at the bottom. Can't imagine them being illegal if they sell them at HD. Can understand the snake problem but if you just open it and clean it that should work...
  14. kat-diy

Ohh, a P trap woulda been a good idea! We thought we had to have the drum trap, so we bought a new one. It's almost put back together already. :) We ended up tying into the vent pipe that you can see in my thread from the other day when we were trying to center the valve body. Thought we'd...
  15. kat-diy

Thanks guys, just got back from HD with what we hope will fix this up. The threads inside those T's are completely shot, and we cant get the T busted off so we got a compression fitting for the bottom pipe, bought all new pvc tees and stuff and a new trap. Fortunately the pipe up through the...
  16. kat-diy

ok update. Touched that pipe and it fell right off, leaving rusty threads stuck in both of the T pieces. Can't seem to bust that bottom tee off the lower pipe in addition to not being sure how to take care of the upper part.
  17. kat-diy

Ok, so we thought we were home free with the plumbing til we went to hook up the bath drain this am. This is what we found. This pipe at the end of the purple line is busted, with the treads busted off in the piece above it. The problem we face is the lack of room to spin and turn to get stuff...
  18. kat-diy

bath remodel plumbing dilemma. STUCK.

Thanks! That's what I wanted to hear!! :D
  19. kat-diy

Is this just a one piece unit that comes out, or is it still two pieces? We looked for something copper that would come out and then elbow but could not find it. We are within about a quarter inch now, without cutting into the vent pipe. If we could find a one piece copper that would come out...
  20. kat-diy

Thanks!! We're off to L***** to get what we need. We were totally stuck with only a few days of vacation left to work on this and didnt know which way to turn. You're a life saver!!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks