Search results

1. Stumpman

Bitter odor only after softener.

Waiting to hear back from the guy now about doing this very thing.
  2. Stumpman

The GE repairman just left. He determined it is iron bacteria coming from my galvinized well head and casing. He tested the water there was no trace of sulphur the water was soft he said only one part of iron was coming through the softener. He suggested a system that injects chlorine in the line.
  3. Stumpman

Yea i thought maybe someone on here had run into this issue before and might know what was going on. I will have the water tested in the next few weeks and post it up. Sorry for confusing you, i stated in the first post that it was not an iron or sulphur odor. Thanks for the replies i will get...
  4. Stumpman

I never mentioned a sulfur smell my water test showed very minuet amounts of sulfur. I have a bitter smell and taste not iron or sulfur smell and or taste. I have sulfur water flowing in my pond about 500' from the house from a deep well and has been for 20 years now. This odor is more ofa...
  5. Stumpman

Red out is for iron. I have iron in my water but no iron taste after the softener.
  6. Stumpman

This has been going on for a month or so now on the second unit and at least a month or two on the first new unit. It only has the odor on the cold water side. Both softeners were manually regenerated many times as when sanitizing the units as well as adjust the setting for hardness. I cant...
  7. Stumpman

Sorry for the confusion. No all were softener salt in both machines. The weird part is the old softener never had this bitter odor. It started after installing the first new GE unit. The odor was gone for 8 days after installing the second new GE unit but started back up on day nine and is...
  8. Stumpman

The softener has been sanitized as was the first one. When in bypass the odor goes away. It has to be something between the softener and the house. Not sure what you mean a few days later. I didn't go anywhere. If you bypass the unit the bitter smell and taste go away. When you put the unit back...
  9. Stumpman

No one has any info for this problem?
  10. Stumpman

Hi new to the forum. I replaced my softener with a new GE one piece unit. A few days later i get a nasty bitter chemical smell and taste that goes away after running faucets 15-30 seconds. It stays gone until the water sits in the lines for several hours again. I have well water. This is not a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks