Search results

1. Jodebg

Toilet won't stay unclogged

Just a follow up to the original post. I followed the advise on this thread and found the siphon tube and other areas to be full of deposits. Took the toilet outside and soaked it in vinegar and then rinsed out the pass ways with a garden hose. Lots of dissolved sediment came out. repeated...
  2. Jodebg

New American Standard Optum Vormax toilet???

wjcandee....What is the new tank option that you mentioned? I am not familiar with the Toto line. Also, what is the ADA height?
  3. Jodebg

New American Standard Optum Vormax toilet???

We are shopping for a new toilet and came across this one by Miseno http://www.build.com/miseno-mno240c-toilet/s1058811 Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Build.com told us it was is made by AS. Also has excellent reviews. We were looking at at the AS Vormax but had some...
  4. Jodebg

Looking at toilet options and came by 2 Mesino toilet models. Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Any idea as to where they are made?
  5. Jodebg

We are planning to replace one of the toilet due to color reasons. I see both 1 and 2 pc. toilets available. Is one style better than the other?
  6. Jodebg

Quick update on the toilets. I still have the problem toilet soaking in vinegar which is doing a great job loosening the mineral deposits. While the toilet is out of the room we decided to do a long standing ceiling repair and repaint. Hoping to reinstall this toilet soon and find out how it...
  7. Jodebg

Poured some vinegar in the bowl last night and the deposit that were visible on the bottom of the bowl is gone! How do I know that the vinegar is actually down inside of the small siphon tube that was blocked? I filled the bowl to the normal water level with straight vinegar. Will the vinegar...
  8. Jodebg

Well, I finally removed the toilet. What I noticed is that the small hole in the lower/front of the toilet bowl is clogged with what looks to be a calcium deposit? It chips out and is very gritty. Can this be what was causing the slow flushing and repeated clogging? Best to replace this toilet?
  9. Jodebg

What is the life expectancy of Sani Seal? Does it hold up as long as a wax gasket?
  10. Jodebg

Looks as if I need to remove the toilet. Have a few questions: -Advise or video on how to Remove toilet. -Advise on how to check or clean the waste drain-may have a blockage? -Advice or video on how to install new toilet -What type and brand of toilet bowl gasket to use..wax, etc.? -Best...
  11. Jodebg

Went to HD and purchased a Rigid 6ft toilet auger. Fed it into the trap way, up and then down, where it stopped. I am not able to go past the 135 degree bend at the back of the toilet. Put quite a bit of pressure on it while turning handle, but not able to get it to make the 90 degree bend. Any...
  12. Jodebg

What kind of auger will I need to do this?
  13. Jodebg

All 3 the same Kohler Wellington. Limited use to liquid waste, primarily-due to recurring blockages. This is one of 2 on the 2nd floor. The 3rd toilet is on the 1st floor. It has been clogging so long that it would be difficult to recall if it ever worked properly? No it does not. When we...
  14. Jodebg

Reach4- If I am reading your reply correctly, the solution to continued clogging requires a Replacement of the toilet. Any advise on brand and style? Not sure what you mean "where you can see the trapway path outside the toilet?" Thanks for your help!
  15. Jodebg

When we built our house 28 years ago, we installed 3 Kohler toilets. Two have worked fine. The third toilet has several long standing issues. First it won't stay unclogged. We try not to use it for solid waste an avoid putting much bathroom tissue in it. Never kleenex or papertowels, etc.. And...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks