Search results

1. Ryanwj

Sealing tub spout against tub surround?

I'll mess around with the idea of getting the nipple the correct length but it seems poorly engineered. In the meantime, even if I get the spout to seal and simultaneously touch the surround wall, is the metal tub spout sitting against the surround wall considered acceptable as this would...
  2. Ryanwj

Nipple size Gabe, You are correct, nipples come in 1/2" increments and if I use a 1/2" shorter one, the tub spout will bottom out on the surround wall before the NPT fitting is tight. The one in the pic is nice and tight - too tight to get another whole turn. I don't believe a well...
  3. Ryanwj

Shower handle sticking out too far

Moen handle I have a very similar Moen faucet and I followed the installation directions as best I could when I framed the tub surround and mounted the valve. The problem I had was that there were literally NO words on the installation instructions - it was all done with pictures and frankly...
  4. Ryanwj

I have a Moen tub and shower faucet in a new basement bathroom I just finished and the last detail I am concered with is the seal where the tub spout meets the tile surround. I was surprised to find the tub spout screwed onto the nipple and the length of the nipple determines the standoff...
  5. Ryanwj

Automatic or Non-Automatic Zoeller 267???

Thanks for the input. Any suggestions on where to purchase?
  6. Ryanwj

Automatic or Non-Automatic Zoeller 267???

I've decided based on all the discussion in these forums that I will be installing a Zoeller 267 for my basement bathroom ejector pump application. I am a little unclear on the pros and cons of chosing the automatic with attached float version vs. the non automatic version of the pump. Are...
  7. Ryanwj

Basement bathroom rough-in, vent, ejector pump questions

local plumber response I had a local plumber come out and look at my setup today. He agreed with my basic plan of the wet group vent for the bathroom coming off of the 2" lav stub. He says this is a normal basement rough-in for this area and we'll have no trouble with inspector. However...
  8. Ryanwj

Options for dealing with lead riser in slab?

Turns out that the PlumBest ones do not have the screws inside like the Oatey ones do...it seems to rely more on a tight fit between the PVC and the ID of the soil pipe with a "2 finger" O-ring doing the sealing. I cut the flange and installed the 3" stub with no problem. The true test will be...
  9. Ryanwj

This is on the main floor of the house - the whole house is a slab foundation. I have read on these forums how to go about repairing this when you have access to the pipes underneath the floor. The obvious answer here would be to tear out the concrete and fix the riser down to the cast iron...
  10. Ryanwj

I am helping a friend with a bathroom remodel. The remodel involves laying new ceramic tile on the floor as well as replacing the (pink) toilet. We removed the old toilet w/o a problem but after we removed it, we noticed the flange was somewhat loose. We pulled on the flange and it came up...
  11. Ryanwj

I removed the caps on the pipes and poured water into the stubs tonight to confirm that the 1-1/2" stub has a P-trap and the 2" stub does not. Thus, the 1-1/2" must be for the tub/shower as I assumed and the 2" for the vanity. I'm still concerned about the toilet wet venting past the...
  12. Ryanwj

So if I am understanding this correctly, there is not an issue with the wet bar drain and vent strategy that I've proposed. Will the wet bar sink add too much load to the waste/drain for the ejector pump setup? I do see what you mean RUGGED about siphoning the tub/shower trap. I don't...
  13. Ryanwj

prashter, I don't understand your comment on discharging the sink into the toilet vent. My config doesn't have an individual vent for the toilet or the tub/shower only the group vent at the vanity. jadnashua, I knew 2" seemed big for the vanity line, but I thought perhaps using the IPC wet...
  14. Ryanwj

You had some of the same questions I had. Both the 1-1/2" stub and the 2" stub are embedded in concrete - no gravel or anything like that to speak of...as far as the P-trap, it appears (although I have no way of being really really sure) that the 2" line is not trapped. I have not checked the...
  15. Ryanwj

I have a 2 yr old house that had an unfinished basement when we bought it. The basement has been plumbed (to some extent) for a bathroom underneath the slab. What I have is three stubs coming out of the slab, a 2" stub where a vanity sink would go, a 4" stub where a toilet would go and a...
  16. Ryanwj

Basement Bathroom Rough in

basement rough-in w/ stubs and no vents tbplumbloco, I'd really like to see that picture - I believe that describes the way my basement has been roughed in under the slab and I am trying to understand the venting. If you can't get it posted larger, can you email to me?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks