Search results

1. S

Chain cutter versus snap cutter...

riser clamps I'm going to be cutting some cast-iron pipe with a rental tool soon. Most of the rental agencies around here don't carry one, but I did find one about 50 miles away. One rental place offered me a "rescue saw". Imagine trying to use that in a 2' x 3' closet on a 4" cast-iron...
  2. S

Turning a bathtub around

Smelly The trap protects you from "smells" coming out of the drain pipe. 40" of pipe with wet, decomposing skin and hair might not smell too nice in a few years. Al
  3. S

water in pressure gauge

Easy I just replaced mine (permanently read 35 psi). It was attached to the "T" that juts out the front of my pressure tank. It screwed into a 1/4" pipe thread and the replacement was readily available at Lowe's. Just make sure you shut off the water before replacing it (i.e. shut off pump...
  4. S

Half-bath DWV Rework

Thanks Thanks Terry and tbplumbloco, I think I have the layout down now. I'll use 2" for the horizontal run and on up for the vent. Unfortunately, the closest snap cutter for rent is about 50 miles away, but its still cheaper than buying. I'll post my progress in a few weeks. Al
  5. S

Pump/Tank Question

I'm pretty sure it works... Pumpman, I'm pretty sure the gauge works. It's new. The old one was rusted and perpetually read 35 psi. When I check the bladder air pressure on the tank with the water on, it agrees with the reading on the water gauge. Plus, lowering the pressure in the tank...
  6. S

Half-bath DWV Rework

How about this? Thanks for the help tbplumbloco. As you might be able to see from the photograph I posted earlier, I have a problem fitting a wye into the horizontal run before the toilet. There's not enough room! Can I offset the vertical drain pipe by using two 1/8 bends and have it lead...
  7. S

Pump/Tank Question

Thanks everyone for this forum, the advice has been great. I moved into a house built in the '50's in the beginning of May. A few weeks ago, I finished replacing most of the half-rusted-shut galvanized distribution pipes with Zurn PEX. I broke down and bought a kit with a "universal"...
  8. S

Half-bath DWV Rework

Ahhhhh yes Thanks tbplumbloco! I understand now. This is a branch drain line and the sink is the furthest "downstream". I've attached a drawing with my interpretation of your message. The state plumbing code (NC) allows AAV's, but I'm not sure about the locals. Is the flood level of the...
  9. S

Half-bath DWV Rework

The current DWV layout in my tiny upstairs half-bath is a mess. There are leaking fittings, horizontal vents, and drain pipes sloped in the opposite direction! The "stack" for this bathroom comes up from the basement through a closet in the first floor. I plan to cut out the existing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks